Hot week ahead

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen this yesterday in relation to BC. 486 deaths from heat in 5 days. Covid killed 1,754 in 18 months. The heat killed 97.2 people per day, Covid killed 3.25 people per day. The heat is 30 times more deadly than Covid. How is BC still functioning, and why isn't everyone jailed in their homes again?

Updated to 712 last I saw

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a bush fire in BC a few years ago that appeared to start spontaneously.

It was crazy.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t think a lot of fires are caused by campers.
80 to 90% of wildfires in the US are human caused. Obviously not all campers, but human caused none the less. So far I've been unable to find any Canadian statistics.

Edit: Found it. 59% human caused in BC in 2020. Lower than the US but still way too high. That's why we end up seeing our recreation restricted when the fire hazard is high.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
80 to 90% of wildfires in the US are human caused. Obviously not all campers, but human caused none the less. So far I've been unable to find any Canadian statistics.

Edit: Found it. 59% human caused in BC in 2020. Lower than the US but still way too high. That's why we end up seeing our recreation restricted when the fire hazard is high.

Just read this on a CBC news release regarding BC............What caused the other 13%?

According to the wildfire service, 56 per cent were human-caused fires, while 31 per cent resulted from lightning.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just read this on a CBC news release regarding BC............What caused the other 13%?

According to the wildfire service, 56 per cent were human-caused fires, while 31 per cent resulted from lightning.
My guess would be commercial activity, but then.....wouldn't that still be human caused? :unsure:
Maybe that's the inevitable "unknown".

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Aliens.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back this afternoon from 5 nights of tenting on the Koocanusa shoreline and I did not see any illegal campfires...kind of shocked me actually, people were paying attention to the campfire ban.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back this afternoon from 5 nights of tenting on the Koocanusa shoreline and I did not see any illegal campfires...kind of shocked me actually, people were paying attention to the campfire ban.
Thats a good thing that people were complying

Top Bottom