Record temps in the BC Interior.....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We have had and are having a little heat event with lots of record high temps set throughout the lower mainland and the Okanagan/Shuswap/Kamloops area. Temps in the high 30’s and low 40’s.
I find it very interesting that there is no mention on the MSM that BCHydro maybe setting consumption records for electrical usage what with the residential/commercial AC running at max and all the added EV’s to the grid over the last year. Do you think they are hiding something??

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, next will come the “ tips” on how to save on your electricity bill . My AC/. Heat pump for the past while has been on from about 7 am til 11 pm . Wasn’t it just a short while ago that the hollering was ongoing regarding site C being unnecessary?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BC still has capacity to spare, for now. Alberta has been importing a pretty consistent 400-600MW all summer from BC, pretty sure we'd be cut off if there was too much demand within BC.

Last data I had seen was BC usually has the highest electrical demand in winter, because so many people use electric heat. Not sure if that has switched for this year though.

Except for this issue of land loss, Site C is a smart move. Even if BC can't use the capacity at first, both Alberta and the US are more than willing to purchase any extra generation, and then the infrastructure is there for when BC needs it.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have had and are having a little heat event with lots of record high temps set throughout the lower mainland and the Okanagan/Shuswap/Kamloops area. Temps in the high 30’s and low 40’s.
I find it very interesting that there is no mention on the MSM that BCHydro maybe setting consumption records for electrical usage what with the residential/commercial AC running at max and all the added EV’s to the grid over the last year. Do you think they are hiding something??
BC Hydro is making money hand over fist, tier 2 pricing is the norm. They wont discuss possible energy shortages in the future because that would be detrimental to Horgans electric vehicle policy.

We had central air installed this spring, I love it. Took a year for a contractor to get lined up, and everyone we talked said they were booked a year plus in advance. These heat waves will create a higher and higher demand.

At some point we will pay the piper.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in Canal Flats this weekend. It was crazy hot! 39 that one day. Camped in the canopy of my truck. Wake up hot!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BC is in a good position this year as the lakes are generally still high, so lots of power on demand. I find it very interesting that Vancouver is now talking about changing the building code to force builders to include air conditioning. Is this not counter productive to the climate change directives? What rubs me the wrong way is that if you sit and idle your vehicle for cooling while waiting for a ferry, you will be told it is manditiory to shut it off. What happens if my pet or grandmother is stuck in that vehicle?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BC is in a good position this year as the lakes are generally still high, so lots of power on demand. I find it very interesting that Vancouver is now talking about changing the building code to force builders to include air conditioning. Is this not counter productive to the climate change directives? What rubs me the wrong way is that if you sit and idle your vehicle for cooling while waiting for a ferry, you will be told it is manditiory to shut it off. What happens if my pet or grandmother is stuck in that vehicle?

I agree, went to the island last summer and missed the return ferry by 10 mins. Had to sit in 35c blazing sun for 2 hrs until the next Sailing so I set up my ez up tent lawn chairs and BBQ.

pommie_git

Reaction score
I find it very interesting that Vancouver is now talking about changing the building code to force builders to include air conditioning. Is this not counter productive to the climate change directives?

All part of the plan to get an electric heat pump in every house instead of a gas furnace.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Alberta right now and it feels like winter lol

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in Calgary this weekend and Sat was like 25C during the day and too cold to sit outside after dinner. Glad to be home!

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look how warm it was in the minoan warming, we are still in a cold age.

Attachments

• Greenland.png
    Greenland.png
    244.7 KB · Views: 88
Top Bottom