Hope we all have a safe riding season

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to encourage every rider out there to make sure you have a safe fun riding season. Last year I broke my arm at my left wrist on my first ride and lost the season. Now I weigh more with a plate screwed to my bones and a 5" scar where the kind Doc did the internal repairs. Lesson learned...Do not ride in poor lighting conditions or at least slow down. The unseen obstacle I hit launched me 60' and buckled my tunnel in 3 places on impact. Take care out there.

Anyone else have a lesson learned the hard way to share?:eek:

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a couple year ago me and my dad climbed this hill on are quad doubling then he did it by himself and the quad flipped on him and he broke his leg, like 2 weeks before he got his cast off i broke my arm snowboarding there was just about enough snow to sled, then once i got my cast off we were going to go to the mountains the next weekend and he rolled his sled and broke his wrist and the sleds handle bars snapped and the throttle got stuck wide open, the sled went across the road then back across then into a tree and stopped there. It wasnt a very good season:(

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a couple year ago me and my dad climbed this hill on are quad doubling then he did it by himself and the quad flipped on him and he broke his leg, like 2 weeks before he got his cast off i broke my arm snowboarding there was just about enough snow to sled, then once i got my cast off we were going to go to the mountains the next weekend and he rolled his sled and broke his wrist and the sleds handle bars snapped and the throttle got stuck wide open, the sled went across the road then back across then into a tree and stopped there. It wasnt a very good season:(

What's your name.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I hate coming on here and hearing about another casualty of the sport. Ride hard! Ride Smart!:beer:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tore my ACL 2.5 years ago at Eagles Pass. Not a pleasant experience and tough ride back.

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dad fractured his pelvis last year... spun on some gravel crossing a road, sled hooked up hard once snow reached, spun out and back words into a tree.

He can elaborate. Luckily it was the last ride, end of season. He seems to be better now.

First trip out ever to mountains, when I was 10, I tried to take a banked corner at night to fast, slid into a huge ice ball and the sled launched 20 feet, luckily only sled took a bit of damage. Lesson = plan your lines, and know what the trail condition is. It was also coming back to the trailer end of day 1.... day 2 and 3 were super slow up the trail... SUPER slow.. sbr's kid also went into the trees about 1 k later. Just an unfortunate night.

Took me a while to get my trail speed back.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Top Bottom