Reaction score
this can't be good
icon10.gif

It will be good,,,,,:d
:beer::director:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it's a little late, but I had great success with a can of RAID fogger. Being a little less brave than the average little girl, I wasn't about to stand there while fogging so I bent a fork backwards and used the fork to trigger the fogger. I then taped the fork to the side of the can to hold the trigger open, tossed the can in, and ran for my life.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
were these honey bees? if so it's odd that the beekeeper peeps didn't help you out. honey bee numbers have been steadily declining for years, when they are gone so are we.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
called one, not much help, called the guy who has the hives 300 yards away, came over gave them a few shots of spray,, said he'd call in the morning, i figured i had nothing to lose and extingushed them, they don't overwinter bees, just order from californa in the spring.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
called one, not much help, called the guy who has the hives 300 yards away, came over gave them a few shots of spray,, said he'd call in the morning, i figured i had nothing to lose and extingushed them, they don't overwinter bees, just order from californa in the spring.
they? maybe the guy you called, but not all of them. bees can winter very effectively, most keepers wrap the hives and put them in an unheated warehouse or shop and some just leave them in a wind protected area outdoors. the workers cluster in a ball around the queen to keep her warm. she can lay up to 2000 eggs per day when they are active, easily replenishing any workers that may die off during the winter. bees have been around a lot longer than we have, but something has been killing them off and no one seems to have an answer as to why. it's pretty scary stuff

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they? maybe the guy you called, but not all of them. bees can winter very effectively, most keepers wrap the hives and put them in an unheated warehouse or shop and some just leave them in a wind protected area outdoors. the workers cluster in a ball around the queen to keep her warm. she can lay up to 2000 eggs per day when they are active, easily replenishing any workers that may die off during the winter. bees have been around a lot longer than we have, but something has been killing them off and no one seems to have an answer as to why. it's pretty scary stuff

In this area they wrap the hives in tarps and place them in the bush along the fields. The guy sells his honey at the farmers market great stuff.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In this area they wrap the hives in tarps and place them in the bush along the fields. The guy sells his honey at the farmers market great stuff.
my grandpa was a beekeeper in the Manning area. many say Alberta honey is the best in the world

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a bee farmer that puts hives on our land. Gives us 3 ice cream pails of honey every year. Top notch stuff.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a bee farmer that puts hives on our land. Gives us 3 ice cream pails of honey every year. Top notch stuff.
same here, my neighbor has bees and keeps hives on our north quarter. my other grandfather moved to Kelowna when he retired and I would go stay with him every easter to golf and bring him his annual 3 gallon pail of pure northern Alberta honey. he said BC honey wasn't the same, I was amazed he could polish off 3 gallons of honey per year.

Top Bottom