honey bee's bzzz bzzz bzzz

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have any luck removing a honey bee hive, in the wall cavity of a barn. within the last week or so they have built a formidable nest between the inner and outside walls of the barn. phoening a bee hive keeper today, i warched the duck dynasty boys, uncle sy, willie and chase had quite the show on honey bee's, if i try it myself, i'll have to get it on camera, could be funny for the viewer, but i'm thinkin i'm going to get wounded.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heck willie i just about fell out of the chair, gooder.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have a big torch? And carb cleaner? It could be fun to watch.....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya that is what i think will happen only in a bigger way.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
or..........

Can't be that many there for a bee keeper to be interested is there? Sit and watch and find where they enter the building. When it is dark, take a flashlight, some Raid and fill'er up. They won't fly in the dark so you will be safe.

Inspect things the next morning.

If you doo the exhaust thing locate the hole and then doo the gas trick at night.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You lost me at Barn... Who's barn? Your barn? You have a barn yard Larry? I always pictured you in the basement of your moms house downtown Red Deer. I'm intrigued now.
Same as getting rid of moles...pump the wall full of king quad exhaust.

being vindictive and insulting is not very becoming darcy.

up until last week i would have thought you were cracking a funny, but today i'm thinkin different as i have a better idea of whom i'm dealing with. i hold no grudges, against anyone, say my peace and move on. life is to short to be mad everyday. as a mod i'd hope ya agree.

to satisfy your curiosity though, yes i have a barn, large shop, nice house, all bought and paid for, no hand outs from family, mom or otherwise.

as for the exhaust, thanks it may work but i'm thinkin there may be safer ways.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok need to up the anti, big box of beer for the removal of said bee's. lookslike they are still swarming or so i was told.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve used that bees nest spray foam before on a bee hive. Waited till they were in for the evening and you spray the exit of the hive with the foam first to close the opening and block them in. The hive sounded like a bag of microwave popcorn with the frenzy that was going on inside the hive when I blocked them in. Then you ....get this..... with the exit plugged you put the nozzle in through the side of the hive and fill it up! I got a little carried away and filled the nest up so much it split the nest in half and the lower half fell to the ground. I WAS OUT OF THERE!!!! I ran up the deckstairs (I don’t think I touched any of them) and into the house. Then peeked out the window to see what was going on……… nothing. The bees die quickly or it melts the wings off them instantly not sure but every last one of them were on the ground half dead.
I’m sure this stuff would work great for you….. just make 100% sure they can’t get out anywhere else or you will be in big trouble.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I moved a big wasps nest I waited until dark when they were all inside then I filled the hole with spray foam through a garbage bag over the nest and cut the branch off through it in the garbage can and spray a bunch of wasp killer in it and sealed the can by mornin they were dead.

I'd wait till night spray foam the hole and they blast them with poison.....or wait till night blast them with a fire extinguisher it is an oxygen scavenger that should kill em

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks, those little critters can be nasty, was thinking the foam would work. was thinking that would be the easiest, not sure if i would get all of them as they are in the wall but worth a try. bee guy says they won't survive the winter if they are swarming this late. still not comforting. definitly could be a good comedy show.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I moved a big wasps nest I waited until dark when they were all inside then I filled the hole with spray foam through a garbage bag over the nest and cut the branch off through it in the garbage can and spray a bunch of wasp killer in it and sealed the can by mornin they were dead.

I'd wait till night spray foam the hole and they blast them with poison.....or wait till night blast them with a fire extinguisher it is an oxygen scavenger that should kill em

never thought of that, fire extinguisher spray into the entrance. good call. i like, would also get rid of the swarm, haelon is the one your thinking about?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Diesel at the opening of the hole will make them move...hate the smell, WD-40 kills on contact as does Raid. Even though they kill on contact stay away from the famables like gas....not sure if you smoke or are willing to sacrifice the barn to get the bees. The foams work as long as the hole is sealed, if not they come out really pissed. Smoke and exhaust work also, lots of ways to have fun with your little buddies. Ours was a log barn, sprayed a little diesel and the survivers moved on.
Have a friend with a camera to share pics in case you get swarmed

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Diesel at the opening of the hole will make them move...hate the smell, WD-40 kills on contact as does Raid. Even though they kill on contact stay away from the famables like gas....not sure if you smoke or are willing to sacrifice the barn to get the bees. The foams work as long as the hole is sealed, if not they come out really pissed. Smoke and exhaust work also, lots of ways to have fun with your little buddies. Ours was a log barn, sprayed a little diesel and the survivers moved on.
Have a friend with a camera to share pics in case you get swarmed

hey thanks that would be the cheapest and easiest. u think spraying diesel on the whole area would work, i'm thinkin i'll make the olympic sprint team, if i do it though. have to get a camera, that is going to hit the funnyiest home video's for sure. i'm laughing but i can already feel the pain.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey thanks that would be the cheapest and easiest. u think spraying diesel on the whole area would work, i'm thinkin i'll make the olympic sprint team, if i do it though. have to get a camera that is going to hit the funnyies home video's for sure. i'm laughing but i can already feel the pain.

I'll come over tonight to tape u do it.

Need a real good laugh

I'll even supply the wd40 too.

sent from my htc

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jeff i know ya got a camera, i need a few close up shots of the action, and i no you want to bee in on this. u and i could be famous. if we had one more to help we could be the three stooges meet mama bee, bzz bzz news at 11, shheeet that could just bee the funniest video of all time.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks, i just went out and threw a few cups of diesel on the swarm inside and out. those lttle bastages are pissed. no way in hell i'm opening the barn door for a while. they look like japenese zero's attacking pearl harbour.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF, at night when the little buggers are not active, not in the middle of a hot day. If you do chit like that wait for the camera!

Last edited:
Top Bottom