hocky in victoria?

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so here's the deal , got $3,500 for my sxr , love to play hockey , so i'm gonna give snowmobiling for good and start hockey!..........kidding!!! i'm gonna buy a cheap mm700 or m7 , so here's my question , are their any arena's close to victoria? i love hockey , but need some gear all i have is a stick and skates.:d thanks.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, are you looking at playing this season or next? Not all arenas go year-round and we are already nearing the end of this season. Fees tend to be pretty high, even for Rec League, depending on how much ice time your team gets. Gear is gonna cost you at least $400, depending on quality you choose, and you are gonna need an extra stick too. You might be able to find some used stuff on Kijijii.

So the answer is: There is no answer... you need to make some phonecalls dude!

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, are you looking at playing this season or next? Not all arenas go year-round and we are already nearing the end of this season. Fees tend to be pretty high, even for Rec League, depending on how much ice time your team gets. Gear is gonna cost you at least $400, depending on quality you choose, and you are gonna need an extra stick too. You might be able to find some used stuff on Kijijii.

So the answer is: There is no answer... you need to make some phonecalls dude!

definately next season!! or even the season after that , depending on how fast i get set up with some work , i figured that the gear would be around $500 , thenks for the tips!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem-- good luck! (PS- hockey is second only to sledding!)

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a heads up and im sure many will agree, sledding costs a lot. even once you buy the sled and gear etc, it costs about a buck a mile at the MINIMUM. by the time you pay for parts, oil, gas, regular maintanence etc, it costs a lot no matter what sled you run. if you think ur gonna pick up a sled for 5g say and think it will run flawlessly for even a year, good luck. i know i like to keep my machines up to par which means buying parts often whether it's ski rods, skins, the odd broken leaver, maybe a recoil rope, light bulb... the occasionall windshield and set of handle bars... and it costs a lot.. not saying you wont have money for anything else but just make sure you keep that in the budget!!! my .02 :)

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a heads up and im sure many will agree, sledding costs a lot. even once you buy the sled and gear etc, it costs about a buck a mile at the MINIMUM. by the time you pay for parts, oil, gas, regular maintanence etc, it costs a lot no matter what sled you run. if you think ur gonna pick up a sled for 5g say and think it will run flawlessly for even a year, good luck. i know i like to keep my machines up to par which means buying parts often whether it's ski rods, skins, the odd broken leaver, maybe a recoil rope, light bulb... the occasionall windshield and set of handle bars... and it costs a lot.. not saying you wont have money for anything else but just make sure you keep that in the budget!!! my .02 :)

hey thanks for the tip dude!!! and thanks to sledmamma for all the info , you guys are a big help!!!

Top Bottom