Hinton / Brule Dunes

insaneZ400shane

Reaction score
what is the recommended rear tire for brule? stock balding fronts should be ok? as the sand looks oily/heavy. i have a z400 with drzE gasket and springs/hotcams/revbox/no lid/full yoshi/ as of now, no idea what HP would be? maybe mid 30's?

thanks,

darren450r

Reaction score
I love brule, but can't wait to go to St.Anthony's Idaho! Here are some pics of brule. Taken in Summer of '07:

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 266
  • GetAttachment1.jpg
    GetAttachment1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 254
  • GetAttachment5.jpg
    GetAttachment5.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 253
  • GetAttachment6.jpg
    GetAttachment6.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 260

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love brule, but can't wait to go to St.Anthony's Idaho! Here are some pics of brule. Taken in Summer of '07:

I also love brule for its technical hill climbs through the trees. St anthony is sweet but it doesnt have the trees like brule does.

We do a fair bit of trips to brule a year, you are welcome to join us.

weldor

Reaction score
I was just thinking of the good times at the dunes. If anyone is planning a trip out here in the spring please PM me. I am in Hinton and ride the dunes often. I've ridden with Lococoin there many times. At -30 here today it seems like it will be forever before we can go some short sleeve rides there!!

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking of the good times at the dunes. If anyone is planning a trip out here in the spring please PM me. I am in Hinton and ride the dunes often. I've ridden with Lococoin there many times. At -30 here today it seems like it will be forever before we can go some short sleeve rides there!!

we need to do more camping trips this year. you should come to st anthonys too. im hoping to go there again next summer.

weldor

Reaction score
Yea I'd love to go to St. Anthony's!!! You, Anthony, Matt and I should go. I'll get 4 paddle tires and giver. I just got a tire machine so swapping tires and wheels is going to be fun!!! When you planning on going???

insaneZ400shane

Reaction score
so, anyone with tire recomendations? those pics of brule look awesome, does it get nice and warm in summer? looks cold in those pics, prob just cause its cloudy.

whopper809

Reaction score
You can run any tire on the front, sand fronts are really over kill and not required at all. The rear tires can be a sand paddle like sandstars or Skat traks of some kind, but again not really required. The sand there is what you can consider dirty sand which I mean has clay mixed in, so it makes dust when it's dry and when wet it gives better traction, when dry only the hard climbs are a little more difficult, unlike sand somewhere like St.Anthonys which doesn't make any dust at all and when dry is very grainy which is why paddles in the rear and sand tires up front for less drag are a must. For example in Brule my wife was running wore out factory fronts and a set of Viper rears which are a square knob design tread, and she could climb anything out there.

darren450r

Reaction score
I also love brule for its technical hill climbs through the trees. St anthony is sweet but it doesnt have the trees like brule does.

We do a fair bit of trips to brule a year, you are welcome to join us.

ya cant wait till march that usally when the first tip of the year to brule is. it cold but usally no snow and the lake is not flooded yet

whopper809

Reaction score
Something for you sand riders to check out. This vid was made by a friend on mine who lives in Vegas and went out to Dumont dunes for New Years. Video can be watched in normal or HD. HD is worth the extra download time.

weldor

Reaction score
man I love brule but i hate the trail getting in there i hit a guy on a 450!

Yea I'd like to cut a second trail in, so we can have a one way in and a one way out. People have to realize that the trails should be done slowly and save the ripping for the open places in the dunes.

Landrew

Reaction score
Is there only that one way in and out? I too had a close call 2 out of 3 times going there.

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca
I hear about lots of near misses out there. It would be great if more people use whip flags. Most crashes that have occured may have been avoided if one of the machines had a flag.

weldor

Reaction score
Steveo: get your ass down here and do some riding!!! Just got back from Valemount with Lococoin last night from two days of great riding!!! I wouldn't come down on my long, it is a ch!t show, I'd recommend coming down the following weekend. You will enjoy it way more.

HintonATV: I started riding with a number of guys from outlawatvclub.com and they had whips. I started riding with a whip at the dunes now. Do you have any in stock??? I might stop by and pick one up.

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca
HintonATV: I started riding with a number of guys from outlawatvclub.com and they had whips. I started riding with a whip at the dunes now. Do you have any in stock??? I might stop by and pick one up.[/QUOTE]

No I'm out at the moment. I'll have some in soon. I'm bringing in some good quality whips with a selection of flags. I hope to see lots more of them out there this year.
I have also installed a few headlight/tailight kits on mini quads. One on a Preditor 90 and a Raptor 80. We put hand and thumb warmers on them too. We just put a light kit on a pit bike I have for sale. The boys from Sustainable Res. will be watching for them more this coming season. I got warned twice last year for my kids mini.

weldor

Reaction score
I will do that!!! I've got to stop by as I owe Eric $10 for some tubing I got from him for my Jeep. I'll talk to you then.

Top Bottom