High quality GM's

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work for a Dodge dealer and they are the same.Dodge says road rash...no warranty.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine does that too.

nothing a little chrome polish cannot fix in the spring.

My 2011 king ranch dually has little rust spots on the paint. They will polish off with wax but u can't wash it clean. Only been to Revi 4 times in this truck. It's never sat dirty. There's 9000 km on it and So a white truck covered in little rust color dots that u can't een rub off with your thumb. And no warranty. It will need a Ming polish in the spring. New vehicles are so cheaply built and more than my first house to buy

Andrew

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Chev I keep the truck in my heated shop, It is washed all the time. Rust started to show on my rear bumper. I just had my dealer polished my bumpers and the whole truck last Friday. The dealer said it was from transporting the truck from down east on the train. I do have a speaker making a buzzing noise. The truck was not cheap, But I can't complain it has been a good truck.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing about dodge too. I have an 08 with 30,000 kms on it.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Chev I keep the truck in my heated shop, It is washed all the time. Rust started to show on my rear bumper. I just had my dealer polished my bumpers and the whole truck last Friday. The dealer said it was from transporting the truck from down east on the train. I do have a speaker making a buzzing noise. The truck was not cheap, But I can't complain it has been a good truck.

Yes vehicles can show up with little spots of rust, rail dust but unless it's on the truck the day you get it, it's not from that.

Possibility on some newer trucks though and people just missed it when they first got it.

The lack of quality in vehicles these days days is sad though. They seem to have more problems every year.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parked in infloor heated garages with no dehumidifier gets alot of people too! They think cause it's heated it's great but its probaly worse!

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like my 07 Classic more and more each day........

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like my 07 Classic more and more each day........

I miss my 07 classic as well. 180,000 km and not a spec of rust. I was looking at my brothers 07 classic 1/2 ton the other day with 200,000 km and has been sitting in his back yard since september and no rust.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about other trucks, but found out yesterday the Taco bumpers that are "chrome" are actually plastic.

IMO, a better option on the front of a truck.

The real metal ones are paper thin anyways.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
little fun filled fact for ya ;) best way to clean those bumpers i have found is an sos pad and some warm water. dont scratch to hard or too much in one place. i do my bumpers that way then do a good polish over it. takes just about all the rust away. the trucks were a 98,94,02 gm/chevs, 91,99 fords.
just a thought to give it a shot :)

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have the little orange rust spot all over the truck and was told it is rail dust from transport. I have never seen that before.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slamnek, they were replacing and bumpers and running boards for free here in town i seen today

I am getting both bumpers and running boards replaced april 14th. I'm also getting my running boards coated with armorthane.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow... I have an '08 and haven't seen this problem yet. My grille looks fine'n dandy. Bumper too.

Top Bottom