help with yamaha

sledder325

Reaction score
me and a friend went to go on our first ride yesterday. he rides a 2004 or 05 yamaha apex anyway he started it loaded it up on his truck then drove to our area started it and unloaded it shut it off went got his gear on then went to start it wont turn over with key there is power but you cant hear the fuel pump when key is on and also does not turn over so we checked fuses all good and checked battery by crossing the solenoid to see if it turns over it does turn over but the key will not turn it over or start the fuel pump. he took it home went over everything even ran a hot wire to the fuel pump and the pump is working checked everything with a volt meter including the ignition it is all good, but key will not turn it over weirdest thing ever maybe someone on this site knows or heard of this happening before any info appreciated

sledder325

Reaction score
yes he did check his ignition switch and the ignition swith is good but still wont turn over

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a starter relay probably. its rite beside the bolt the battery ties into. they get moisture in them and then freeze. its a cheap part. ive replaced mine twice. i beleive there about 30 or 40 bucks. starter relay its called. did u get it to start at all?

sledder325

Reaction score
thanks for all your guys input, he found out the problem i guess there was alot of corrusion on the wires on the wire harness by the battery he took them out of the harness and soldered them together and i guess it seems to work have not gone on a ride yet but it did start

Top Bottom