Help t3 running on one cyl

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So just loading up my t3 for its second trip to the mountains, went to load it up, took 15 pulls to get it running inside heated garage and it won't stay running, sounds like its running on one cylinder Wtf??

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just the fact its a skidoo ? hahahah JK .... condensation build up from cold to hot .... try a bit of gas line antifreeze to remove any moisture from the system.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how does this happen on a brand new etec

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417838910694.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417838910694.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 469

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May have been indexed wrong,, could be a warranty issue.
It ran perfectly fine last weekend. When I went to start it tho first pull seemed very hard for being stored in a heated garage. Cleaned the plug off and it fired up first pull and ran fine. Should I be worried for riding this weekend? Probably gonna pick up a couple spare plugs in the am.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It ran perfectly fine last weekend. When I went to start it tho first pull seemed very hard for being stored in a heated garage. Cleaned the plug off and it fired up first pull and ran fine. Should I be worried for riding this weekend? Probably gonna pick up a couple spare plugs in the am.

Should be ok, my friends new freeride did the same thing, turns out it was indexed wrong during PDI or what ever. They burn a lot
of oil during break in and are a bit more likely to foul.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be ok, my friends new freeride did the same thing, turns out it was indexed wrong during PDI or what ever. They burn a lot
of oil during break in and are a bit more likely to foul.
I think guys need to understand that the etec is great for getting better plug life but can still foul one in a short time the odd time. I see a lot of guys buying these things at the store and can't talk them into spare plugs or a spare key. They figure the sled will never need them and get bit. Luckily it fouled the plug at home bugs.:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think guys need to understand that the etec is great for getting better plug life but can still foul one in a short time the odd time. I see a lot of guys buying these things at the store and can't talk them into spare plugs or a spare key. They figure the sled will never need them and get bit. Luckily it fouled the plug at home bugs.:beer:

Ive been lucky and never have fouled one on an Etec yet, but mine spends a lot of time at WOT so the plugs get hot enough to burn any chit off.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agree ken, plugs are plugs no matter how fancy they look, and with the break in mod on the e tec and extra oil i can see it happening, it is just to bad they are such a cunt to change on the hill!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There have been a few rare cases of a plug just failing. Which would cause it to oil up like the photo. Grab a spare set and continue on I wouldn't be worried

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep idling them around is the worst thing for plugs. Give er sheeeeeet!
Maybe it had something to do with it being -40 last weekend when I went to unload it off the trailer, it was in warm up mode for a good 10 minutes before I unloaded it

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe it had something to do with it being -40 last weekend when I went to unload it off the trailer, it was in warm up mode for a good 10 minutes before I unloaded it

Did you start it in that -35 in Valemount? There was another t3 that wrecked both plugs from trying to cold start in that nasty weather

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you start it in that -35 in Valemount? There was another t3 that wrecked both plugs from trying to cold start in that nasty weather
Yup. Took a good 10 mins to come out warm up that morning. Then same thing the next morning unloading at home.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
A little off topic but I agree plugs and such are not bullet proof and are bound to fail.

When I loaded my sled onto deck from the dealer it seemed like it was dragging on the front end. kinda brushed it off. Unloaded and backed into shed and spun out.. Have super glides on deck and glides going into shed and in shed.....Again strange but oh well. Had daughter assist pushing on sled. Next day pulled into garage to do my own PDI and low and behold, no carbides on skis...
Had a good laugh and called dealer. First thing they said when i told them i was looking at skis was you need carbides....LOL.
They take them off to move around showroom and forgot to install prior to pick up.
Wonder how many new folks are running on plastic skis and dont know?
Got a free jug of oil from dealer for my troubles though!

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
Haven't had an issue with my T3, 110km so far. This is my first etec what is the procedure for proper indexing ? Owners manual says go to dealership.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lol yep that so true, better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. I carry spare etec plugs, couldn't imagine not carrying a set, I've have been ever since I started sledding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom