Help..... Front of skid is stuck up in tunnel

SK1NN3R

Reaction score
Hey all, out for a ride in -25c today. On the way back to the truck found I wasn't getting traction. When I looked the front portion of the skid was up in the tunnel. The front shock was compressed leaving the rear to do all the work. Had maybe 24" of track touching the snow on a 163" ... Not good. Anyone else have this issue ? Bad bushing , need to recharge shock or just frozen ?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would guess frozen front shock. Hopefully the seal is good and it doesn't have moisture in it.

SK1NN3R

Reaction score
shock is intact and everything looks fine just the front shock is compressed and the front section of the skid is up in the tunnel. Tried pulling it down while sled was on its side but could get it down. the rear portion is working fine. it was -25 probably close to 40 with the wind. light powdery snow.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
seen a few arctic cats like that... they popped it back into place with a long 2x4 and prying it into place... seemed to be okay after that ... frozen and or bottomed out and jambed into that position??

SK1NN3R

Reaction score
ha ha i wish lol , slid of the trail and got stupid stuck lol going to throw the heater on my skid tonight and thaw it out, same time i think im going to haul out the shocks and get them recharged for piece of mind.

SK1NN3R

Reaction score
Yeah i was running fine , little hill climbs and playing in the trees. Noticed i was losing all my traction. When i got off and looked the front of the skid was way up almost inside my tunnel and the rear was normal. felt like crap riding over the whoops on the way to the truck.

clay923

Reaction score
i have seen this before, its frozen may have condensation, pour some hot water on it and it will come back. likely tho will need a rebuild.

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had this happen on an old Indy. Washed my sled and put it in a cold garage. The next time we were out I couldn't figure how my buds were going so fast over the rough trail!! Got off the sled when they stopped and the whole front end was compressed. Stopped by a farm, took a torch and heated the shock, and it sprung back.

Top Bottom