Helmet Lights....

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running anything different then Lead dogs ? After burning through 4 lead dogs in the last 4 years its time for a change.
Thinking of pulling the trigger on Vision X...... anyone running these ? Or trail Tech ? Thanks.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh. I know guys that have the same leed dog for years.

What do ya mean burn through ??

sent from my htc

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought an hid solstice from cyclops. a bit pricey, around $300. it runs off a battery pack that goes in your pack . comes with a charger and i bought an extra battery that was $115.its attached with velcro but i think it will be ok. they use them for high speed desert riding but the guy said they will work well in the cold as well. its the best helmet light they make but they also have some cheaper ones that are led for around$150 i think. check it out on their website.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
solstice.jpg MiniSolo.jpg

Bulbs burning out, cords ripping out, smashing them in frustration, rewiring plug ends, trying to replace bulbs that last a few rides, etc...
We do a lot of night riding and want something that will last a few season's.
Seem some guys with Vision X last year and were a very bright white light and tougher casing. Their website claims 50,000 hrs & 0.42 amps draw on the 1.7" light (0.83 amp on the 2" )

Last edited:

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use these vision x in my trailer but after trying out this hid solstice they're not even comparable imo. and each battery is good for 2 hrs. buy 2 and good to go, then recharge them.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been using the Cyclops Solstice HID helmet light for four seasons now,this light is the brightest I have ever seen on the market and has been reliable,never had a problem with it and could not imagine riding at night without it.
I am thinking about getting their new Penatraitor LED lightbar for one of my sled builds....check out their site of Trax 2 Treads website as they are a dealer.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got a lead dog for a christmas present last winter and haven't mounted it yet. I hope it will be good.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, the lead dogs work just fine. I'm just sick of having to repair and/or replace mine.
So I have ordered up some of these to run off DC power on sled and use go-pro clips on the bucket:

2" LED 10 watt Solstice - weight 0.5 lbs - 0.75 amp draw (lead dog is 2.9) - 50,000 hr life span -
800 Lumens

visionx.jpg

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Randy at Frankensled has one that uses a go pro camera attachment, I love it, super bright and lightweight.

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not buy a fog light from princess auto. Mount it on some tin and Velcro the bottom and wire it up... Had mine like that for 4 plus years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom