have you got nos

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm thinkin about throwin a giggle button on my 08 xp. Anybody got one on theirs. Just curious how well it worked. Clutching differences if any. Instalk difficulty time ect
Thanks

Stonehands

Reaction score
Yep. And its pretty fun. I built a wet kit from nitrous express. I use VP Q16 with they spray and 92 in the tank. Mostly run the 40 or 50hp jets. had some deto probs at first with 109 motor octane fuel but runs clean with the 116 motor octane oxygenated Q16. Pulls stupid hard on the spray. Bottle press is always a problem in the cold but NANO Nitrous has a cool system to maintain bottle press at all times. Very consistant.
Clutching on mine is 19 grams, 1mm rollers 160-380 spring and 413 ramps. Secondary is Team with black/purple and 66/44/46 helix. Track speeds at 60-70 depending on snow. I run clicker 1 easy on the spray. Here's a link to a vid of a test run. I only sprayed a little on the last hill as the hill was getting beat down. You can here the motor spin higher when spraying.
Remember to follow the nitrous rules and have fun!

YouTube - Nitrous test 2 13 2011

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been working with the boondocker kit for the xp on my 880, i was haveing a issue after 6 or so seconds i was running the carbs out of fuel, looking to be a issue with fuel supply under nitrous, tryed some new stuff this year and it is looking positive, just will not be able to run the 50 shot i was hoping for

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
followed the instructions from boondocker and had it installed in a little over an hour, 30hp shot, dropped down 2 clickers as i was seeing about a 300rpm increase with the laughing gas on. :beer:

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been working with the boondocker kit for the xp on my 880, i was haveing a issue after 6 or so seconds i was running the carbs out of fuel, looking to be a issue with fuel supply under nitrous, tryed some new stuff this year and it is looking positive, just will not be able to run the 50 shot i was hoping for

one would think you wouldnt need that big of a shot with an 880,holy cow

caution

Reaction score

880 on nos sounds like a plan.well all iv heard about this sled it should not need it.or thats how you bet up on stockers.now a good 860 on nos,well now you got your hands full.
FLICK THE SWITCH B??CH YES

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
880 on nos sounds like a plan.well all iv heard about this sled it should not need it.or thats how you bet up on stockers.now a good 860 on nos,well now you got your hands full.
FLICK THE SWITCH B??CH YES

what are u going to do when the 880 is beating all over u...lol......:yahoo::rolling::lol2:

caution

Reaction score
:beer::beer::beer::beer::hmm::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:
what are u going to do when the 880 is beating all over u...lol......:yahoo::rolling::lol2:

that 880 of freds has been called out that many times im starting to wonder if it even runs.no direspect to any one that runs a 880 but when you get on here and snow west/do talk telling people wow you are beating up on 860 that are poorly clutched.i no this for a fact.i no the sleds hes beating up on.and as it goes for the post you put on do talk fred w about my sled blowing up because kelsey talked me into a 15.1 head is so far from the truth.it will run with the best of big bores.not saying ill beat all of them but i wouldnt shy away .thanks to rk tek kelsey.

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
back on track please,i want to know more about nitrous,elder shoot me a pm please and let me now whats needed,or just post on here,detionation would be my big concern.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
called out many times, bring it on, your 860 much run better than all the others, we will be in the pass this weekend, maybe the etec can work your mouth, i mean your sled over as well:d

:beer::beer::beer::beer::hmm::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

that 880 of freds has been called out that many times im starting to wonder if it even runs.no direspect to any one that runs a 880 but when you get on here and snow west/do talk telling people wow you are beating up on 860 that are poorly clutched.i no this for a fact.i no the sleds hes beating up on.and as it goes for the post you put on do talk fred w about my sled blowing up because kelsey talked me into a 15.1 head is so far from the truth.it will run with the best of big bores.not saying ill beat all of them but i wouldnt shy away .thanks to rk tek kelsey.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will have NOS as of tonight and testing this weekend in McBride:d
Will post next week on how it worked on the XP. XP has 13:1 head, Boyesen reeds, y-pipe, pipe, can, clutching, gearing and track changes already but wanted just a wee bit more so got a boondocker 40 shot.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just finished installing the Nitrous on my 860 last night. We'll see how it works this weekend!

If anyone's interested in a better system to hold the nitrous bottle on the chaincase side I made a few extra brackets when I made mine for my sled. I'd let them go for $60 a piece they come powder coated with clamps and bolt right through the existing chaincase holes. See attached pictures. If you're interested send me a PM.

Attachments

• PB110064.jpg
    PB110064.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 146
  • PB110065.jpg
    PB110065.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 144

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
called out many times, bring it on, your 860 much run better than all the others, we will be in the pass this weekend, maybe the etec can work your mouth, i mean your sled over as well:d

i must say im still waiting for the original chalenge to happen,fredw vs kelsey from rktec,i think it will be hard to beat a engine builder there always advancing,and improving on stuff.:beer:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i forgot to mention in the pm that i have 4lb bottles, will they work in this setup...thanks

as for the rkt challenge, i have seen years of his stuff run on the hill, and some worked well, but others not so good, if we meet great, but i have seen all i need to see

i can make it out tommorow for a few days phil if you and your brother are intrested, i heard the snow is real deep in westcastle, and might have a few pickups in LA, have some upgrades done to the etec

I just finished installing the Nitrous on my 860 last night. We'll see how it works this weekend!

If anyone's interested in a better system to hold the nitrous bottle on the chaincase side I made a few extra brackets when I made mine for my sled. I'd let them go for $60 a piece they come powder coated with clamps and bolt right through the existing chaincase holes. See attached pictures. If you're interested send me a PM.

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fred im heading out to the poker run on saturday for a ride,maybe we will see you up there,working this week finally,i wasnt going to say anything about the way builders stuff works but i got a chance to ride an 860 that your builder built it was okay but not great,nice sled though and nice guys riding them,as for going with you for a ride well im not allowed over the border,bad,bad man dont think they will let me cross,but if we meet up we can arm drop the two sleds and race them,im all for racing,jesus im a junkie when it comes to horsepower and racing the twins realy add to mine now,how good well i dont know but it runs,where will you be riding saturday if you dont mind me asking love to see the 880 in action.:Snowmobile1:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
back on track please,i want to know more about nitrous,elder shoot me a pm please and let me now whats needed,or just post on here,detionation would be my big concern.

Muff Pot.jpg

So to make it work for the twins is a little diffrent, nothing just bolt on here. I origionally had a 4lb CF kit from boondocker but the bottle was too big give the one pipe sweeps back so far. So i traded it up for a 2.9lbs alum bottle. Now the origional bracket boondocker give you will need some tweekin but gives a good start. Just cut where the back piece and the front piece where the bottle rests and re weld at the correct angle. The other problem was the relays on the oil tank, had to cut the bracket there and just mounted them on the nitrous bracket instead. Put a 90 degree fitting on the bottom shotting it in. You will have to trim the one corner of the bracket as well where it contacts the foot wheel. Once all done you have roughly about a 1/2" to play with in regards to moving the bottle up and down. To far up hits the oil tank and side panel and too far down the cap hits the side panel. really easy to access and fill.

As for deto sensor and what not, it s a balance point. Right now i am running roughly a 35 shot realistically. I have hit the deto sensor, just trying to dial it in, i dont think it is a fuel problem with 560s in it. We run the same kit on another 800 (2 yrs now) and found the boondocker kit can hit the sensors if you jet down to the limits. IE jet it for 1200egts with no real buffer VS you running at 1000egts and have fuel to spare. Trying to say the jet wont flow enough fuel to feed the nitrous for the extra power you are making, if that makes sense. So sometimes it leaves me either with a octane thing or clutching. Mayby i am over reving and hittin the limiter thus cause the deto to kick off. I am leaning towards clutching mostly, beucase it works fine untill i hit higher rpms. As well twins are making it slightly more challenging to tune the clutching for this. Will find out more this weekend though.

Top Bottom