Hauling Rope Soap and Dope

hmmc

Reaction score
I put a polaris shovel pack on my xp. This pack works great just fastens to the tunnel with 4 1/4" X 1 bolts. Holds my tool wrap rope duct tape shock cord wiping rag etc. Also works great for my shovel and toque. As for the riser bag I just went to canadian tire and got to small bags that clip to a tool belt. The polaris bag $100 650 miles and still brand new. Canadian tire bags $30.00, 2 zip ties, 2 minutes 30.00.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I put a polaris shovel pack on my xp. This pack works great just fastens to the tunnel with 4 1/4" X 1 bolts. Holds my tool wrap rope duct tape shock cord wiping rag etc. Also works great for my shovel and toque. As for the riser bag I just went to canadian tire and got to small bags that clip to a tool belt. The polaris bag $100 650 miles and still brand new. Canadian tire bags $30.00, 2 zip ties, 2 minutes 30.00.

ya but don't that polaris bag slow you down at all :D

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
My fiance bought a Ski-Doo Tunnel Bag and it didn't even last five minutes. His water bottle fell out. Then the zipper broke and by the time he got home it had a 4 inch rip along the seam. Piece of crap if you ask me.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My fiance bought a Ski-Doo Tunnel Bag and it didn't even last five minutes. His water bottle fell out. Then the zipper broke and by the time he got home it had a 4 inch rip along the seam. Piece of crap if you ask me.

anything that you mount to the tunnel is in for a rough ride, I actualy strap my pack to my tunnel as well, its a Da Kine pak and I use 4 bungy s to hold r in place, took me a few rides to get it right!
but its a wet and rough ride on the tunnel, but my back sweets too much with a pak!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Sledderglen had a slick after market gas rack and tunnel bag on his new XP. The bag seemed way better than the Doo one I say there and the zippers were heavy. Maybe Sledderglen can comment on his set up. You can see it on this photo

Attachments

• IMG_9289_2.JPG
    IMG_9289_2.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 114

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anything that you mount to the tunnel is in for a rough ride, I actualy strap my pack to my tunnel as well, its a Da Kine pak and I use 4 bungy s to hold r in place, took me a few rides to get it right!
but its a wet and rough ride on the tunnel, but my back sweets too much with a pak!
Hey johnny, I have a Lowe Alpine Contuor Mountain 40 pack I used to wear that has an awesome mesh pad for your back to reduce sweeting. Its a smaller pack but I haven't found one better for back sweet.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theese ultra lite sleds are for the riders not the trail bang n, bring your BB Q to the top of the mountain to enjoy the fresh air type of riders.
If you are looking to bring all this weight then you are not looking to get to the TOP!
sorry for the RANT but they design these sleds like that for a reason! and just cause yours is fat! dont beat up on the guys that are in SHAPE!
there is no glove box in a formula car either Scotty just so ya know!

:confused: One reason they build the light weight sleds is because weight or lack there of sells sleds (mountain sleds). My point was (as well as senorjeems) is that all of us have to carry the essentials up the hill to were we end up riding all day? One way of cutting the sleds weight is to eliminate the storage - body work etc. If you want to ride with out packing the essentials thats fine... but someone has to carry them up for you. If nobody packed the gear that might get you out of trouble and back down the hill then you'd be hoooped I guess... But you might be the lightest? :rolleyes:

By the way... a "formula car", F1 cars as they are known, don't need a glove box. They are not at risk of being stranded out in the middle of nowhere in temps. below zero?

Not everybody is looking to get to the top... most of us "fat" guys just like to get out there have some fun and get back :)

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:( Not exactly the response I had in mind, from a bunch of bonafide mountain riders. Hope I don't end up spending the night on the mountain with any of you guys that don't even haul a spare dry pair of gloves, cause you aren't getting mine!! Thanks to all who actually gave a response that wasn't absolute macho crap!

Funny... the older you get the less you care about being Macho. :rolleyes:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you think they'll be thinking of how to make their sled lighter while they're stranded spending the night in -20 on a mountain with no food clothes or shelter?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:confused: One reason they build the light weight sleds is because weight or lack there of sells sleds (mountain sleds). My point was (as well as senorjeems) is that all of us have to carry the essentials up the hill to were we end up riding all day? One way of cutting the sleds weight is to eliminate the storage - body work etc. If you want to ride with out packing the essentials thats fine... but someone has to carry them up for you. If nobody packed the gear that might get you out of trouble and back down the hill then you'd be hoooped I guess... But you might be the lightest? :rolleyes:

By the way... a "formula car", F1 cars as they are known, don't need a glove box. They are not at risk of being stranded out in the middle of nowhere in temps. below zero?

Not everybody is looking to get to the top... most of us "fat" guys just like to get out there have some fun and get back :)

so if ya just want to have fun, as all of us do I am sure.
why do ya run your mouth and bash on other product,
thats all this is about.
and if ya read my other post, you can see I AM PREPARED and no one is ever prepared enough!
and if you are scared and you just want to have fun stay on the trails and ya will never spend the NITE! or get caught in a slide. and if you are not aware this sport is EXTREMELY dangerous even if ya carry 2 suitcases full of protection up the mountain!
ITS JUST SO SILLY TO HEAR PEOPLE SLAM DIFFERENT PRODUCTS, its just a different way for you to be MACHO because ya cant do it any other way!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not quite sure how you got on this Product Bashing perspective?... anyhow the thread was about storage issues on the new sleds and I gave my opinion. My sleds storage sucks as well :) You have your opinion and I have mine.

Nothing personal buddy, just adding to the thread. Take it easy... all is good!

Lanko

Reaction score
This is usually an awesome site for info, until one of these threads shows up. If I wanted to hear bit**ing and complaining I'd listen to my wife or go on snowest.

Last edited:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what are you girls packing! leave your skirt and tampons at home!
theese ultra lite sleds are for the riders not the trail bang n, bring your BB Q to the top of the mountain to enjoy the fresh air type of riders.
If you are looking to bring all this weight then you are not looking to get to the TOP!
sorry for the RANT but they design these sleds like that for a reason! and just cause yours is fat! dont beat up on the guys that are in SHAPE!
there is no glove box in a formula car either Scotty just so ya know!

I pack a small cooler the size of a 6 pack that sits behind my seat on the tunnel and my stuff doesnt get crunched!

:D

my response was to scotty, the product basher,
as I said I have a lunch box the size of a 6 pack, and no I dont drink on the hill, maybe one in the park n lot at the end of the day:D
and in my back pack I have avi gear, 2 pair dry gloves, 2 pair dry gogle, dry socks, an extra long sleeve, 2 hot pak hand warmers, fire, a silver solar blanket, tools and I always have extra snacks (high protein of course). and I can build a pretty sweet snow camp! yes thats right I ride with 3 pairs of gloves sometimes 4 in the spring and 3 sets of googles but I dont think I could possibly need anything else!
I am always ready to spend the nite!

lets ride 162skidoo I am going out this sunday and maybe friday,

and if ya read my other post, you can see I AM PREPARED and no one is ever prepared enough!
and if you are scared and you just want to have fun stay on the trails and ya will never spend the NITE! or get caught in a slide. and if you are not aware this sport is EXTREMELY dangerous even if ya carry 2 suitcases full of protection up the mountain!
ITS JUST SO SILLY TO HEAR PEOPLE SLAM DIFFERENT PRODUCTS, its just a different way for you to be MACHO because ya cant do it any other way!

These are quite contradicting posts...first you ask what we "girls" are packing, then you list all of the same stuff (and possibly more) as everyone else that you are packing. I don't understand?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

It's comments like this that make me regret voting for you in the be extreme contest. Just a thought.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cause your a loud mouth scotty, JoHNI_BLaZe rocks for tellin it like it is

Hughie, JohnieBlaze... enough with dissing other members on this site? :confused::D I hope this is the end.. it gets old after a while.

Let me be the first to post a truce :PDT_kap: After all, we all have the same interests in mind here, and this site is about sharing and recieving info on the sport we enjoy, and still having a bit of entertainment at the same time.

:beerchug:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:PDT_kap:

sounds good

:sorry:

:ontopic:
PS carry a good tow rope

PPS to RUCKY the calling of names (ie girls, fat sleds not people) was ALL in FUN and not as a personal slander! I work in the car business and some days we are pretty tuff on each other, but again all in fun!
sorry

Top Bottom