Hard time deciding on quad

M

Matt

I have researched almost all quads over the past year and i still have no idea which one to get. I was hoping to get some views from some experienced quaders about what you guys prefer and why. I plan on going through mud holes, climbing mountains, going through the trees and everything else i might run into. I also plan on taking it up to the yukon this summer with my wife. So it needs to be good in tough terrain. Also what are your views on the toolbox/seat that bolts to the back rack. Any info is appreciated.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As for quads the two on top of my list would be the Grizzly or the Brute Force.If you can afford the aftermarket wings and like to fly,Go with the Can- am 800.That thing really rocks!
catmando!

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have to say if you are looking to get the most out of your dollar go with the brute force it is a few thousand less then the can-am. Me and my cousin both bought brutes last spring and have had zero issues with them they are a great quad for the money!

M

Matt

How is the brute for starting in cold weather?

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I have researched almost all quads over the past year and i still have no idea which one to get. I was hoping to get some views from some experienced quaders about what you guys prefer and why. I plan on going through mud holes, climbing mountains, going through the trees and everything else i might run into. I also plan on taking it up to the yukon this summer with my wife. So it needs to be good in tough terrain. Also what are your views on the toolbox/seat that bolts to the back rack. Any info is appreciated.

SPORTSMAN///800

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Atv's, some of the dealers will let you try them around the parking lot. I was at cycle works west location last weekend, we tried a polaris ranger side by side. If you want a cushy ride that you and your wife are riding on and you want one for all terrains and for the bush stick with a regular atv not sport. They all good, they all good and bad points. Im a brp fan myself but for what your looking for, ive heard alot of good feedback on the yamaha atv's they have power steering which is an arm saver after 2 - 3 hrs riding. And there a good all around machine. The artic cat model has a nice rack system and a real reciever on the back for a hitch. The kawasaki is light and powerfull. The brp models, ride nice, are comfortable, powerfull, and well equipped but pricey. Honda's are reliable and will fetch good resale value, i think they have powersteering as well. I know nothing about the suziki's. Polaris seem to have a good selection but dont see much on the trails. I would stick to a brand name though. Watch what the magazines say though, example: one magazine seems to be yamaha as they may have paid more advertising that month. Good luck, let us know your decision and why you picked.. Ron

chucker

Reaction score
I have ridden Polaris quads for some time. I now ride a 800 Sportsman,waiting for my new Razor. Most of the guys I ride with ride Polaris. Best rack system in the business. Great all around quad, maybe alittle heavy. Check the magazines, they are always pitting 1 type of quad up against another. All quads have their pros and cons, most important, buy one and go have fun.

GRD

Reaction score
rzr

I have heard some awesome things about those razors.... Hoping to get one in the fall.....

I have ridden Polaris quads for some time. I now ride a 800 Sportsman,waiting for my new Razor. Most of the guys I ride with ride Polaris. Best rack system in the business. Great all around quad, maybe alittle heavy. Check the magazines, they are always pitting 1 type of quad up against another. All quads have their pros and cons, most important, buy one and go have fun.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my KVF 700!!! Its kind of a cross between a work horse and a sport 4x4. It has a pretty good ride and awsome handling and with kawasaki you get the winch, manual front diff lock and 2 year warrenty. I bought my quad through my company and i received a $400 cheque from Kawi. 600km of hard riding and no problems yet!!

M

Matt

Thanks alot for the advice. I'm curious though, what does brp stand for ?

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is the brute for starting in cold weather?

It starts great in the cold I have a plow on mine in the winter and keep it in my non-heated garage pull the choke and away it goes. It like to stall a bit until it gets warmed up though but it always starts right up! I am not sure if they still offer it but when I bought mine I got 3 years Warranty!

ronan

Reaction score
I own a 2006 h1 arctic cat and a 2007 700 efi grizzly. I agree with Chucker that you should go with efi but disagree with him about the polaris rack system based on the fact that they're made of plastic. In my opignion , arctic cat has the best racks by far but they're a big machine and heavy as well. The weight is partly due to the large steel racks and the full size frt & rear steel bumpers. As a utility quad its great !

The Yamaha 700 efi grizzly is an amazing machine. Very powerful and nimble .The power steering is amazing! I recently found out how to squeeze out another 16% horsepower recently by changing the fuel mapping . This is done by pushing a series of buttons on the instrument pod to bring up the diagnostics page. For you Grizz owners, I'll post the instuction on how to do so in a seperate thead.
I dont think there are any bad machines, but they all have specific strenghts and weaknesses. The type of riding you plan on doing should determine the machine you buy. It sounds like you plan on taking pasengers, so I would go with a bombardier or polaris two up machine as it is designed for two pasengers. I would also consider the Yamaha rhino side by side. It is the best machine in its class in my opigion. Good luck and happy trails!

Ronan

Top Bottom