Hard starting Summit X

firstlight

Reaction score
I was hoping someone could give me a few ideas on what could be wrong with my sled. It cold starts awesome 2 pulls and is running. When you shut it off after a ride I can't start it again till it is cold(level ground). I pulled the carbs off and cleaned them (not dirty at all). I had the motor rebuilt from the crank up last spring. Please help its hard to ride when you can't shut off your machine.
Thanks

firstlight

Reaction score
Spark is good hot or cold. It is like it floods its self. If you hold the throttle open it will fire and try to run otherwise you can pull and pull with no hope.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fuel problem' to much .
float level, needles & seats , bad diaphram in fuel pump, primer bipassing
do you know the machine ? when did this all come about

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
may sound stupid but I've seen guys over look this before do you have heated carbs? if the valve is open it'll be a huge pain to start when warm

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
may sound stupid but I've seen guys over look this before do you have heated carbs? if the valve is open it'll be a huge pain to start when warm

I was having grief starting mine..... turn off the carb heaters..... starts really easy now!!

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just hold the throttle 1/4 throttle / see if that will help when warm - does on mine

wiffler79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya check carb heat valves big pain in the *** other than that give a little throttle when pulling the rope mine has done it since well forever.

Top Bottom