Handwarmer dead

bigneily

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with there handwarmers failing ? My right side on my 09 m1000 seems to be dead. Just wondering if there is a common problem and where to begin to look for the source of the prob. Thanx Neil.

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know my thumb warmer quit working due to a broken wire probly from all the vibrations. Have you checked the wires?

bigneily

Reaction score
No not yet, Figured there would be a common problem spot. Will have a better look tomorrow for sure.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think its just a cat thing …. my 2010 m8 the left side shits the bed then works then doesnt then the right side with do the same …. on a good day you can get them both working … i think its in the switch myself …. make sure your getting a good contact in there other then that start chasing wires … oh maybe start by opening up the switch housing on the right side and make sure its still plugged in there first if its the throttle side …. from there the wires go straight over to break side

ajb1205

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my 2011 M8...lucky enough is was still under warranty...burnt out element on the right side if memory serves me correct. So far, though, everything is still working as it should.

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have also seen the element burn out on a buddies sled.

Top Bottom