Handlebars and risers

Jemeda11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what people are using. I have a 8" riser and straight handlebars but I was thinking of going to a adjustable 7" to 10" with straight bars. A friend has a 8" riser and 2" taper bars. what's the pros and cons? I find when I'm standing my elbows are almost straight and locked. Thanks for the info.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I LOVE the adjustable bars, I like to ride in the same position as on my motox bikes. But I do find when playing in the trees ect on the sleds that they handle mucho better lower....and thats where the adjustable wrk wonders.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find that if you raise your bars too high, you can loose important leverage when trying to sidehill in steep off camber situations. there was a huge fad that hit the sled world where so many were extending their cables to co super high, creating an unnatural angle of attack. The adjustable handlebars can be good in theory, but suck rocks for strength and integrity, especially if you are someone who likes to unstick themselves by rolling their sled over. If I'm on a sled with an adjustable bar height, I use the lowest setting for basic boondocking and playing.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a riser on my pro rmk, didnt like it and took it off. now this upcoming season im actually running new bars that are an inch shorter from factory.

i think its all preference but you do lose lots of leverage if its too high

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We also find that the lower a person can comfortably ride the better. Tall riders have longer arms so they generally still need approximately stock positioning. With good riding technique you stand over your sled when you are sidehilling rather then the leaning up hill off the sled, so taller bars end up getting in your way.
Good example is in Trish's photo (Momma's post) She is standing over her sled rather then trying to pull that sled up the hill. Taller bars in this situation would be right in her chest pushing her back into a less dominate riding position.

Anyways we all find what comfortable for us but generally the lower bars give better options for riders.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The adjustable risers have come a long way from previous years. I use fly/ROX adjustable riser and it is the strongest setup I have ever used. I am just shy of 6'2, and with the stock height I found myself bent over too much with my elbows locked. With the adjustable riser I was able to find that perfect spot, the spot that felt the most natural to me elbows slightly bent, with my knees slightly bent. I am very hard on bars and this setup is rock solid. I find it perfect for technical situations. It is very important to not have your bars too high, or too low like others have stated. Also something that gets overlooked often is bar width, I like my bars really narrow and have shortened my bars considerably from stock width. Their is lots of options out their. Here is what I went with: RSI 10deg bars, fly racing adjustable riser on a RSI T post conversion.

ma3ura5u.jpg
a2u2etu6.jpg

Last edited:

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a ajustable riser 8" and it works real well but it goes front to back not up and down so I can ride it forward which real well and this on my apex. I also have a M8 with a 3" riser that is shifted forward and i'm looking forward to try it but I find it a lot easier to pull the sled over and side hill with a riser on. Plus with a riser on I'm not bending over as much and it's a lot easier on my back but the only setback is when u sit down on the trails it's hard to ride with your arms in the air. Risers are cheap so put one on and see how u like it I set my riser to be a little higher so my arms aren't straight when I'm standing in the stereps.

Top Bottom