Gun control, it's coming...

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told in my RPAL course that I must be registered at a range prior to purchase of a restricted weapon. When I bought both they asked each time. Then spoke with RCMP Firearms office today and they said I must be member or a range or they wont approve the transfer. When getting my RPAL I got a second one about 2 weeks after that says Standard and transportation conditions are attached to this license.

Yes the phoenix crew sounds awesome, spoke to them on the phone and they were very helpful. The Wabamun gun range is 15 minutes away from me, ill try that for the summer then go to phoenix in the winter.
Well that must have changed half recently then, or perhaps that is how it is set up in Alberta. In Sk you can purchase a restricted firearm without range membership, you just do not have the transport conditions attached to your RPAL, so you can take it home and that is it. Which is basically pointless which I think is why it is stressed to have a membership, also less steps to go through. I have been contacted by the CFO is the past to update my Range memberships but that was due to not purchasing any restricted firearms for a few years.

Speaking with the local gun store today, in Sk as long as you have a member ship to a gun range you can travel to any non private range in the province.

Nice, get out and enjoy burning some gun powder.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a dufus!

Attachments

• 544B5267-14FA-45FD-BB3F-D9F1C2EA7800.jpeg
    544B5267-14FA-45FD-BB3F-D9F1C2EA7800.jpeg
    545.3 KB · Views: 78

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought 2 at the kamloops shop, guy behind me bought 2. Girl said they sold 8 between 2pm and 5pm yesterday and think I overheard 11 sold when I left around 1pm. In a place that may only sell one a week if they are lucky. Worst part is once the shelfs are bare, they won't be ordering any more in cause they don't want to be left holding onto inventory.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought 2 at the kamloops shop, guy behind me bought 2. Girl said they sold 8 between 2pm and 5pm yesterday and think I overheard 11 sold when I left around 1pm. In a place that may only sell one a week if they are lucky. Worst part is once the shelfs are bare, they won't be ordering any more in cause they don't want to be left holding onto inventory.
I was in 2 different gun shops today, the second one I was in a bit longer helping a friend weigh his options, even brought a couple of my own for him to try in the range down stairs.

I would say I witnessed close to 40 restricted firearms sold today, hell in my friend group there was 9 today from the same store and we sre only in a city of 40,000. And that doesn't include the online sales.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Well that must have changed half recently then, or perhaps that is how it is set up in Alberta. In Sk you can purchase a restricted firearm without range membership, you just do not have the transport conditions attached to your RPAL, so you can take it home and that is it. Which is basically pointless which I think is why it is stressed to have a membership, also less steps to go through. I have been contacted by the CFO is the past to update my Range memberships but that was due to not purchasing any restricted firearms for a few years.

Speaking with the local gun store today, in Sk as long as you have a member ship to a gun range you can travel to any non private range in the province.

Nice, get out and enjoy burning some gun powder.
There has been a Canadian wide update to the RPal about 1 year ago where they changed transportation rules. Ill look the new ones up. I ended up getting a second Pal with my number then .0002

I have wait at least another month to burn some powder need more control of my hand first.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I was in 2 different gun shops today, the second one I was in a bit longer helping a friend weigh his options, even brought a couple of my own for him to try in the range down stairs.

I would say I witnessed close to 40 restricted firearms sold today, hell in my friend group there was 9 today from the same store and we sre only in a city of 40,000. And that doesn't include the online sales.
So the shelves are getting empty, How were Ammo sales. I bought the last clips for my guns at east side Cabela's. Media was saying gun stores are very busy.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought I just seen a article that the first step was to freeze the handguns and second step was to hand over authorities to the provinces if they want to put in place a total ban on the province.

Anyone hear anything about this?

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the shelves are getting empty, How were Ammo sales. I bought the last clips for my guns at east side Cabela's. Media was saying gun stores are very busy.
Most people focusing on firearms, but the odd case of ammo was being sold as well.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my Transfer Notification email from the RCMP Chief Firearms Office, this morning, must have just been on the start of the rush. Ill go pick this up today.
Awesome to hear, I know the CFO's would have been bombarded yesterday, most people calling into do private sale transfers did not get through.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Got my Transfer Notification email from the RCMP Chief Firearms Office, this morning, must have just been on the start of the rush. Ill go pick this up today.

That’s the second person I’ve heard of that’s a two day turn around for transfer
Hope I get mine by Friday

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll keep an eye out for ya, I think the revolvers are moving a little slower than the semi autos.
Found one. My guy had 1 left. Grabbed an S&W model 629 44 mag with the 6.5" barrel. Clint's gun was a model 29 with same barrel length. My guy said he willput the papers through today and be a week to 2 weeks to hear back he figures. He's been very busy as well he told me.

Top Bottom