Gun control, it's coming...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got one last time, 2015 with no membership anywhere, gonna call the 1 800 number tommorow and find out.
Re read the renewal form I sent and there isnt any part in itr asking about apart of any club?
Thats what I was saying in my previous post. No mention of that on the form but got an email asking for proof. It is not legal to shoot a restricted weapon anywhere but a gun range.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what I was saying in my previous post. No mention of that on the form but got an email asking for proof. It is not legal to shoot a restricted weapon anywhere but a gun range.

True; But I imagine some people will never own restricted weapons, will never join a gun club, but are only getting rpal as a middle finger to liberals only haha. Let ya know what I find out

rsmorin1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to send in the paperwork for my renewal last year. It is a confirmation of purpose form. I joined a gun club last year but I think an associate membership satisfies this requirement. (What my neighbor did)

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you say you are a collector, no proof of range membership. Being a collector opens you up to different rules around inspections though..

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MP Bill Liar said yesterday he expects it will cost in the range of $756 million for the federal gun buy back program. I'm hoping he misses it huge and peeps take option 1 and keep their guns to be used again when a sane govt gets control of the country once again.

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MP Bill Liar said yesterday he expects it will cost in the range of $756 million for the federal gun buy back program. I'm hoping he misses it huge and peeps take option 1 and keep their guns to be used again when a sane govt gets control of the country once again.

Might need to be used to GET a sane government back in control. Lol.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Updated me with it has been completed and mailed out, if I don't have it in a couple weeks to phone back.
No proof of gun range membership asked for. I mailed my paper copy in via registered mail and certified cheque about a month ago

Surprisingly only spent 5 minutes on hold this morning. After waiting for their bullch!t 9am nationwide opening time...why cant i call at 800am local time? that should be 9am in miramichi lol. That and their "changed menu options to serve me better" that dont come on in order. press 6 to do this, press 3 to do this, press * star for this, otherwise press 1.....wtf !!! lol

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Updated me with it has been completed and mailed out, if I don't have it in a couple weeks to phone back.
No proof of gun range membership asked for. I mailed my paper copy in via registered mail and certified cheque about a month ago

Surprisingly only spent 5 minutes on hold this morning. After waiting for their bullch!t 9am nationwide opening time...why cant i call at 800am local time? that should be 9am in miramichi lol. That and their "changed menu options to serve me better" that dont come on in order. press 6 to do this, press 3 to do this, press * star for this, otherwise press 1.....wtf !!! lol

Yup, I've asked them on the phone if all the gang members bought their range permit too.... It was silence on the other end.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, I've asked them on the phone if all the gang members bought their range permit too.... It was silence on the other end.

Same answer I got when asked lady if NB was as bad as AB at the moment and to start supporting the oilpatch lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow good for you. This makes absolutely no sense to me but it appears to have worked for you? I guess the question is? Do you currently own a restricted weapon?

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow good for you. This makes absolutely no sense to me but it appears to have worked for you? I guess the question is? Do you currently own a restricted weapon?
I'm just as flabbergasted as you are man. Makes no sense for sure.
No I dont have one, I imagine some people..... hahaha

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just as flabbergasted as you are man. Makes no sense for sure.
No I dont have one, I imagine some people..... hahaha
Maybe that’s why? Maybe when you do try and purchase one and go through all the jumping through hoops you will be required at that time?

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe that’s why? Maybe when you do try and purchase one and go through all the jumping through hoops you will be required at that time?
That’s my understanding of it too - you can have an RPAL without owning any R’s, but once you pick up your first piece all the other range/transport bullchit kicks in.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish people would stop using the term weapon when referring to a firearm. It is only a weapon if used as such. There are two legitimate reasons to own a firearm. One is for hunting and the other is for target or sport shooting. To purchase a firearm you require a PAL or RPAL. If you wish to buy a weapon you need to go on the black-market which requires neither a PAL or RPAL. Yes fire arms are used as weapons, but a firearm is only as dangerous as the person using it. Knives, baseball bats and even vehicles have been used as weapons as well. I own several restricted firearms and the only use they get is to make holes in paper at the range. I do not consider my firearms as weapons, but rather, as a tool or instrument to facilitate my sport. No different than a hockey stick other than the fact that I need to be licensed to own them.

So please stop using the term weapon when referring to legitimately owned fire arms.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think you have to belong to a club for a PAL but you do for an RPAL. If you don't then start looking. They won't give you a card if you dont have proof of membership.
I had my RPal for 8-10 years ish before owning a restricted firearm. I didnt have any interest in restricted firearms at the time, but decided to write both when I was 18.

Never had to have proof of a range membership until I had a restricted firearm registered to me.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that is the way. I had my restricted for several years before I purchased one and I had to buy a range membership before acquiring said restricted pea shooter

Top Bottom