Gun control, it's coming...

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently the UCP government cancelled the job for an Alberta Chief Provincial Firearms Officer today.

And passed Bill 211 that won't allow municipalities to pass their own gun laws.

I guess good that Bill 211 passed, but like previous bills, they can be struck down by successive governments.

We do, however need to have an Alberta Chief Firearms Officer chosen by Albertans for Albertans.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently the UCP government cancelled the job for an Alberta Chief Provincial Firearms Officer today.

And passed Bill 211 that won't allow municipalities to pass their own gun laws.

I guess good that Bill 211 passed, but like previous bills, they can be struck down by successive governments.

We do, however need to have an Alberta Chief Firearms Officer chosen by Albertans for Albertans.
Was the job posting cancelled because they found someone? It was posted quite awhile ago

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
544d074a46bcd543f3d9ce26197e0941.jpg

A State Trooper pulled an 87-year-old woman over for speeding. As he looked at her driver's license he was surprised to notice that attached to it was a conceal weapon permit. Taken aback, he couldn't help but ask, “Do you have a gun in your possession?” She replied in her crackly voice, “Indeed, I do. Why I have a 45 automatic in the glove box.” The trooper then asked if she had any other weapons. She replied, “I have a 9 mm Glock in the center console.” The shocked trooper asked, “Is that all the weapons you are transporting? The little old lady held up her purse and replied, "Well, I do keep a 38 special in my purse.” Finally, the astonished trooper asked, "What are you afraid of?” And the little old lady smiled and replied: "Not a ****ing Thing."

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For me it was 1 hour and 50 minutes for the confirmation email to come through!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
So I applied for my PAL, RPAL at the end of January. I used my Visa card for the payment, nothing has even been taken off my visa card yet, which means is probably still in the envelope and hasn't been opened. Hope they get to it before 2022 when my card expires, lol.

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have no fear Papi Trudo will take care of us all, oh wait except Alberta lol.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I applied for my PAL, RPAL at the end of January. I used my Visa card for the payment, nothing has even been taken off my visa card yet, which means is probably still in the envelope and hasn't been opened. Hope they get to it before 2022 when my card expires, lol.
It is so random what they do. 1 person waits for ever like you and next gets it back quickly. Just like everything else the government looks after.... it's a lottery and we just hope we don't lose.

My nephew in law got his PAL about 3 months ago... was 6 months to the day after doing his course and applying

Top Bottom