Grande Prairie Ab

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heading to GP and was just wonderin if anyone knows of any good places to quad in that area this time of the yr?....as it's been a few yrs since I have played there!

Thanks MADPOW:beer:

Rookie

Reaction score
the dunes might be alright, there was alot of snow but the warm weather and rain we have ahd have really bet it down. In fact it was raining again tonight. Maybe the power line out by wierhauser to but probebly still deep. Guess its all in when you are plannin on being here.

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks, yeah just got back home today from a wk out there, I ended up bringin my sled instead, the snow was ok I guess but thanks man!! :beer:

I'll be back when the mud hits!! :)

Rookie

Reaction score
right on man hope it wasent to bad, had alot of snow that melted over the last couples of days.Hopefully there will lots of mud soon..lol

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big Mountain is a good spot.

agreed it is a great spot but if we as quaders are not more respectful for the area ( most of us are respectful though ) the snowmobile club has been talking to government about banning us if it gets worse i hope the few bad ones dont wreck it for the rest of us that is what always happens 100 good ones 5 bad wreck it for the rest of us too enjoy

koda9192

Reaction score
agreed it is a great spot but if we as quaders are not more respectful for the area ( most of us are respectful though ) the snowmobile club has been talking to government about banning us if it gets worse i hope the few bad ones dont wreck it for the rest of us that is what always happens 100 good ones 5 bad wreck it for the rest of us too enjoy

I agree, it gets worse every time i go out there, i wouldn't like it but wouldn't blame the snowmobile club if they got rid of quads. There are also alot of pickups and jeeps that go down alot of the trails that are easily accessed by the roads and they really dig deep holes and mess up the trails. A guy i work with is a mud bogger and was telling me about his group going into loop A and digging up a swamp really bad.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, it gets worse every time i go out there, i wouldn't like it but wouldn't blame the snowmobile club if they got rid of quads. There are also alot of pickups and jeeps that go down alot of the trails that are easily accessed by the roads and they really dig deep holes and mess up the trails. A guy i work with is a mud bogger and was telling me about his group going into loop A and digging up a swamp really bad.

yup i know the spot and i would not blame the club for closing it to anyone but the snowmobliers nothing against the mud boggers or quaders but these areas need to be respected or we will become like the kakwa area and have restricted access and that will suck

Top Bottom