GPS recommendations.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a GPS but I know nothing about them, any recommendations??

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to Costco and get a 120 dollar 7 inch Samsung tablet. Lots of apps for offline use. Google maps works amazing for car gps, google earth app has fantastic clarity and nothing beats memory maps for topo maps. Of coarse if you have a phone with built in gps that is all you need.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but would a tablet be good enough to take to the bush sledding or quadding? How tough are they?

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use my 8 inch tablet all the time for sledding, I have a case for it though. No one ever looks at the rinky dinky little screens when the tablet comes out. They have some pretty good tough phones coming out now that work pretty darn good as well.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Download ihunt to your phone, it's $21 and works unreal. If you wanna buy a gps I have a friend that's selling one because he no longer needs it because I showed him ihunt. You don't need service for it to work. If you headed to an area you can cashe maps and it'll do waypoints and more. I haven't used my gps since I got this app which was about 2 years ago. Oh and for our area google maps are way out dated, Apple maps are way better.

Top Bottom