Gopro or Drift

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a bike on single track i might look at the google cam. That way you know you wont snag it.

I have a Drift myself and prefer it over the Go Pro due to the display. I need to see where i point the camera and like to check to make sure it hasn't moved during the ride. Had mine two years with no problems at all.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never tried one but i thought they were HD.

I'm using my drift this year fr quadding so i will see how it holds up. I think Teeroy has a drift that he uses in the summer, he may be able to shed more light on how well they work in the water and muck.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Drift has a waterproof camera "mount" its basically a pouch you put the whole camera into and it helps protect it from mud/water etc.

Med1ogre

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's also that new jvc camera at jbs auto I spied. Might be worth looking into.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd go with the drift ghost Darcy, you can mount it at any angle as long as the lens points forward. the ghost is waterproof, the HD 170 is water resistant. I wash both of them in the sink with a brush and soft cloth. the ghost has slightly less resolution than the go pro black, but unless you are making commercial grade DVD's you won't notice the difference. the drift is 10 times easier to use and doesn't stick out like a sore dick when mounted. these are my own findings, I have a go pro first edition, go pro 2 HD, VIO POV-HD, and the two Drift HD cams. the Drift cams get my vote by far.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problems ???

I have umm teen hours of vid taken with mine.

Nota problem once.

sent from my HTC

manonfire

Reaction score
Get the drift ghost I have had no problems with mine have had mine since December and love it.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran the drift HD this last season and was happy with it. I did manage to **** it up though but that doesn't surprise me for what I put it through. I will be purchasing the ghost in its replacement. I've run lots of go pros and the drift cameras are far superior.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the latest ghost firmware update gives you a vehicle DVR option, records in sections of 1, 3, or 5 minutes each and deletes the oldest sections first once the memory card is full and keeps recording. pretty cool

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran the drift HD this last season and was happy with it. I did manage to **** it up though but that doesn't surprise me for what I put it through. I will be purchasing the ghost in its replacement. I've run lots of go pros and the drift cameras are far superior.
I busted my HD170 off my dash mount this spring, caught some branches after a stuck and it disappeared in the snow. dug around for an hour in the wet snow but it was gone. went back three weeks later after the snow melted and found it washed down a creek full of water. dried it out and repaired the housing with JB Weld, still works!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not tryin to hyjack,,, no point starting a new thread for my question. which one is better for sledding? I was looking at gopro3 black. Is the Drift better for that too? Whats the best gopro/type camera money can buy?

(never had one before cause the video quality sucked on the old ones IMO)
Some of the new sledneck GoPro Clip of the week are lookin not to bad and Id
like to get onboard footage next season.:beer:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not tryin to hyjack,,, no point starting a new thread for my question. which one is better for sledding? I was looking at gopro3 black. Is the Drift better for that too? Whats the best gopro/type camera money can buy?

(never had one before cause the video quality sucked on the old ones IMO)
Some of the new sledneck GoPro Clip of the week are lookin not to bad and Id
like to get onboard footage next season.:beer:
go pro 3 black has the best video resolution.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a Go Pro hero and really like it. The quality is amazing! But for a cheap and neat option, I seem at London Drugs they sell water proof mounts for iPhones. You can work the buttons and stuff when it's in there and looks pretty good. That way you can email and upload your videos really easy and while your still at the track!

Top Bottom