Goodyear Duratrac??

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone run them, good tire- bad tire. Was thinking about putting them on my Mega cab 3500.. 315-70-17. Will they fit? I think they should!

GrizzForce

Reaction score
I have had them on my 1/2 ton for 6 months 35000kms Most of the driving has been rough tire buster gravel. They have seen the snow and have seen a little sand and mud. Seems to be ok tire a little more road noise then factory but thats it. They have very little to no wear showing yet. Lots of ppl in my area are running them now. On heavier trucks like yours as well.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got 10000km out of a pair once before I couldn't stand them any longer and got rid of them, I had 'em on a 3/4 ton Dmax and hated every k.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why did U not like them?[/QUOTE

I had three or four flats with them, three were patched one was covered under warranty. They seemed to wear quickly, but I didn't keep them long enough to get an idea of how long they would've lasted. Funny story, I was sitting on the side of the road with two flats and only one spare up in Helmut, literally in the middle of nowhere wondering what I was going to do. The very next vehicle to go by was a great big tire service truck, he lifted my truck with his picker put on my spare and patched one flat and sent me on my way with no charge. I went to the shop that owned that truck the next day and put a set of Geolanders on, much better tires. I have Dick Cepeks on my Ford now and like them.

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a set of 305 55r20 on my 2010 duramax. Tires seem to have good traction but they have lots of road noise. Got a deal on this set that could not be passed up. I dont have very many km's yet but time will tell.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we are starting to run them on the trucks in our field. give it till fall and I will get back to you

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i had a set of 285s on my 3/4 ton and i loved them. the mines use them so they must be decent
imho

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran a set on my 07 chev half ton for 50,000km before i sold the truck and they had easily another 40,000 left. I'm on and off hiway all the time and they have worked really good in mud and snow. I am definalty putting a set on my new 2500hd

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got some 285/70 R17 on my 06 f-150 they are verry good in snow, and do prety good on ice, and mud. Seem to be a perfect all around tire, so far I got 26000km on them and they are showing some wear, I think it depends on what you are driving on gravel kills most tires that I have ever tryed. They are louder then stock tires but they got more lug on them too. so far I like them not sure if I would go back to them or try something else.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got some 285/70 R17 on my 06 f-150 they are verry good in snow, and do prety good on ice, and mud. Seem to be a perfect all around tire, so far I got 26000km on them and they are showing some wear, I think it depends on what you are driving on gravel kills most tires that I have ever tryed. They are louder then stock tires but they got more lug on them too. so far I like them not sure if I would go back to them or try something else.

Mine wore really fast in the first 25000-30000km then they seemed to wear very little in the next 20000km and i drive about a 60/40 hwy to gravel.

bansheesrule

Reaction score
I love them!! i had them on my 1\2 ton and now i've put them on my 3\4 ton. I have 61000km on them and there only half worn, I've had lots of other tires and the duratracs are by far the best!! If they ever discontinue them I'll be bying a extra set!!

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran a set on my 07 chev half ton for 50,000km before i sold the truck and they had easily another 40,000 left. I'm on and off hiway all the time and they have worked really good in mud and snow. I am definalty putting a set on my new 2500hd

your very lucky then. i sell them and they wear like chit. 11000 and bald on the d max.

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Set on our work truck are junk. About a 7x4 chunck of tread blew off for no reason on a paved highway just about causing a wreck and no warranty.
They have maybe 20k if that and there almost bald.

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would think there was a big difference in the tires people bought but just goes to show how some people drive.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love them!! i had them on my 1\2 ton and now i've put them on my 3\4 ton. I have 61000km on them and there only half worn, I've had lots of other tires and the duratracs are by far the best!! If they ever discontinue them I'll be buying a extra set!!

Is your truck on jack stands?

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would think there was a big difference in the tires people bought but just goes to show how some people drive.

i test more tires then anyone on here. i usualy have 4 or 5 sets a yr. im in the biz so we like to test what we sell. if its junk? we dont sell it. plain and simple.

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i test more tires then anyone on here. i usualy have 4 or 5 sets a yr. im in the biz so we like to test what we sell. if its junk? we dont sell it. plain and simple.

How do you test that many sets of tires? Do you put on thousands of bush miles on each set and check for wear, traction etc? Or is it all just highway miles?

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You dont find it strange that some people get over 60 000km and you get 11000? I bet I could wear a set out in 1km, but I am not in high school anymore. Anyways someone better come up with a good looking tire that last because the continentals on my 2011 f350 arent going to cut it.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
people can say what they want but honestly i have 90000km on bfg all terrains on my wifes f150 and they will still probably last the summer i cant even believe it :eek:

Top Bottom