Good news for 2013 pro

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going back to read some of your earlier posts in other threads, your Pro sure seemed to be the bomb and certainly avery capable contender, what changed so fast. Is the XM that much stronger, more power, better track ? You seemed quite impressed with the non turbo Pro, great reviews, now that its sold, you seem more on the negative side, what happened to change your opinion ?

the major selling point behind buying a pro was lost when doo made a sled able to sidehill and carve easily like a pro (or better) without sacrificing power or track width (floatation, traction). Atleast thats what all the reviews seem to be saying. The only thing poo has on doo is weight for 2013, unlike this year where they had weight and easy handling. I really dont think the extra weight loss for 2013 will make up the gap that was gained from doo by adding t-motion and the flex track.

From reading this forum for the last year, i have heard nothing but talk about the pro rmk handling, and how it is so much easier to handling in the trees ect Lets for a second say thats true and poo had the best handling. I wonder whats gonna be said if the XM matches that handling.........lightweight only means something if it translates into better results then the competition, and i doubt the new pro will outclimb the new xm even with the less weight.

either way I cannot wait for side by side reviews. Both sleds are looking wicked.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the major selling point behind buying a pro was lost when doo made a sled able to sidehill and carve easily like a pro (or better) without sacrificing power or track width (floatation, traction). Atleast thats what all the reviews seem to be saying. The only thing poo has on doo is weight for 2013, unlike this year where they had weight and easy handling. I really dont think the extra weight loss for 2013 will make up the gap that was gained from doo by adding t-motion and the flex track.

From reading this forum for the last year, i have heard nothing but talk about the pro rmk handling, and how it is so much easier to handling in the trees ect Lets for a second say thats true and poo had the best handling. I wonder whats gonna be said if the XM matches that handling.........lightweight only means something if it translates into better results then the competition, and i doubt the new pro will outclimb the new xm even with the less weight.

either way I cannot wait for side by side reviews. Both sleds are looking wicked.

The new XM handles very nicely for side hilling , carving etc., but it still lacks a little in a nice balance point. The two sleds are totally different beasts. The PRO has a totally different feel in the motor department. It is snappy, has a power band etc. The ETEC is very linear in power, but seems to just keep pulling. So...IMO two different riders with two different riding styles are going to think that one or the other is the BEST. They are both AWESOME sleds...just depends which one suits you:)

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Like I said before guys this has nothing to do with the etec !!!!!! this is not a etec vs pro thread, there is to many of thoes already thanks Chris

turboassault

Reaction score
Aww Chris you know we cant put anything in here without the skidoo trolls trying to make everyone think that the doo is the only sled out there worth talking about.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going back to read some of your earlier posts in other threads, your Pro sure seemed to be the bomb and certainly avery capable contender, what changed so fast. Is the XM that much stronger, more power, better track ? You seemed quite impressed with the non turbo Pro, great reviews, now that its sold, you seem more on the negative side, what happened to change your opinion ?[/QUOTE

where have i ever said the pro i not a contender of any sort??? the pro with 3" track conversion with head and pipe hauls a$$ just ask my riding buddy caper11 on here with his 3" e tec doo< im just saying the polaris without these mods i feel falls short of the other brands a bit because of crappy stock track and less hp.. the pro chasis is the best i have rode!!! i loved all 3 of my pros and just ask the cust i sold them to and get their feedback on how well they work before you jump to conclusions!!pfi 572 is riding with it this week also, we will get feedback for sure..i have never been brand loyal and always buy the newest and latest and mod the crap out of it to make it the best it can be, so the new doo will rock also when im done putting 20000 in to it lol...

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there a reason or just someone talking. Cause from looking at the new pro there will be no rubbing issues with smaller drivers and there were pros with smaller drivers and 3" tracks out there the problem was the bottom of the chain case stuck out and the track rubbed through and drain the case, but now they dont have that. So i would like to hear the reason why you cant go to smaller driver.

This is from another forum, from a well connected member who has seen the 2013 chassis.

"Got the official word today. They will make a circular pressed (drum molded), 1 ply track in 15" wide... from the Camoplast factory... The previous 3" lug tracks were made in a completely different mold using flat platen and vulcanizing techniques. This track will be stronger and more durable.
They are working on the internal drive lug configuration right now.
No part number yet and no pre production models on the snow yet... but promised as an offering.
Only in 162" length as said above... 3" pitch.. (stock track pitch is 2.86")
BUT... In addition to drivers... you WILL also need to do a D&R (drop & roll kit) to the drive shaft on the PRO RMK.
A 7 tooth 3" pitch driver is only 0.29" smaller in radius than the stock 2.86 pitch 8 tooth drivers... you need to come up with more room somehow since the 3" paddle is actually about .65 inches taller, in radius, than a stock track....The stock track has only about 1/4 to 5/16" clearance at the tight spot on the tunnel (at the fwd roof of the tunnel).
The stock series 5.1 measures out a 2.35" where the 3" paddle tracks measure a true 3" deep.
That on top of the fact that a 3" paddle will move more snow through the tunnel would require more clearance than a 2.5" lug or stock track.
The 3" lug tracks on a PRO RMK would not be a "Bolt-On" upgrade with a driver change however...
Would require new 7 tooth 3" pitch drivers which would increase clearance by .29" (Avid has these)... ... AND it would require some cutting and fitting of a D&R which Ice Age and Avid have for the 2011/12's...
On top of the drivers... you would need about another 5/8" clearance (min) to make a 3" track work on a PRO. IMO... a conservative D&R would give you the best results in combination with smaller drivers rather than a large D&R...this would alter the already excellent geometry and handling character of the PRO RMK chassis the least amount.
Although no D&R parts are avail yet for the 2013's and will probably take some time in development after the sleds are out next season... A D&R should be easier on the 13's since you would need less parts to make the kit and cost less to boot... New bearing carrier on PTO and mag sides... drop "bucket"... longer belt... But still cutting into a new sled to pull it off.... at least on a PRO RMK."

WILL IT OR WONT IT? Guess we will have to wait and see.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's all a bunch of bs if the proto sitting at rainy creek powersports is true to the production sled. With the 5.1 there is 3/4 inch clearance all the way around the tunnel and bulkhead, so with a 7 tooth 3 inch pitch you will clear a 3 inch track IMO no issue.

7 tooth 3 pitch is .3 inches less radius than 8 tooth 2.86, So stock track at 2.25 plus .75 more to make a 3 inch track still leaves .3 clearance.

Last edited:

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is from another forum, from a well connected member who has seen the 2013 chassis.

"Got the official word today. They will make a circular pressed (drum molded), 1 ply track in 15" wide... from the Camoplast factory... The previous 3" lug tracks were made in a completely different mold using flat platen and vulcanizing techniques. This track will be stronger and more durable.
They are working on the internal drive lug configuration right now.
No part number yet and no pre production models on the snow yet... but promised as an offering.
Only in 162" length as said above... 3" pitch.. (stock track pitch is 2.86")
BUT... In addition to drivers... you WILL also need to do a D&R (drop & roll kit) to the drive shaft on the PRO RMK.
A 7 tooth 3" pitch driver is only 0.29" smaller in radius than the stock 2.86 pitch 8 tooth drivers... you need to come up with more room somehow since the 3" paddle is actually about .65 inches taller, in radius, than a stock track....The stock track has only about 1/4 to 5/16" clearance at the tight spot on the tunnel (at the fwd roof of the tunnel).
The stock series 5.1 measures out a 2.35" where the 3" paddle tracks measure a true 3" deep.
That on top of the fact that a 3" paddle will move more snow through the tunnel would require more clearance than a 2.5" lug or stock track.
The 3" lug tracks on a PRO RMK would not be a "Bolt-On" upgrade with a driver change however...
Would require new 7 tooth 3" pitch drivers which would increase clearance by .29" (Avid has these)... ... AND it would require some cutting and fitting of a D&R which Ice Age and Avid have for the 2011/12's...
On top of the drivers... you would need about another 5/8" clearance (min) to make a 3" track work on a PRO. IMO... a conservative D&R would give you the best results in combination with smaller drivers rather than a large D&R...this would alter the already excellent geometry and handling character of the PRO RMK chassis the least amount.
Although no D&R parts are avail yet for the 2013's and will probably take some time in development after the sleds are out next season... A D&R should be easier on the 13's since you would need less parts to make the kit and cost less to boot... New bearing carrier on PTO and mag sides... drop "bucket"... longer belt... But still cutting into a new sled to pull it off.... at least on a PRO RMK."

WILL IT OR WONT IT? Guess we will have to wait and see.

Well i am not a well connected member but i did go to the edmonton boat and sportsman show where there was a 2013 model that i looked at and i agree with catalac

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also AVID does not have drivers for the 2013 pro yet, he dose not even have a driveshaft to make the new drivers yet.
icon10.gif

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why dont we all just wait to august and we will see for sure!!! i had my pro last year on aug20... all this speculation you can tell what many peoples hobby is..lol

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why dont we all just wait to august and we will see for sure!!! i had my pro last year on aug20... all this speculation you can tell what many peoples hobby is..lol

August is like 15 sled from now for u dwayn how can u wait that long who know if you will even be sledding still. LOL

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
August is like 15 sled from now for u dwayn how can u wait that long who know if you will even be sledding still. LOL

yep lucky me, get to ride new stuff every 100miles, and still dont owe a penny on anything lol.. and your right i may not be sledding by then so i guess my 12yr old son with have a 2013 xm doo to ride for himself thats all paid in full already lol...

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep lucky me, get to ride new stuff every 100miles, and still dont owe a penny on anything lol.. and your right i may not be sledding by then so i guess my 12yr old son with have a 2013 xm doo to ride for himself thats all paid in full already lol...

To funny.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just dont see why what i do in my life affects some of you guys!! Are you jealous that i can ride 3-10 different sleds a year?? What does it matter to you guys?? Fill me in, chrisco you always have a remark for everything also!! Tell me what business it is of yours how i live my life??i dont give a crap what you do in your business so stay out of my life too then!! Real simple!!

JoeDnDirty

Reaction score
I just dont see why what i do in my life affects some of you guys!! Are you jealous that i can ride 3-10 different sleds a year?? What does it matter to you guys?? Fill me in, chrisco you always have a remark for everything also!! Tell me what business it is of yours how i live my life??i dont give a crap what you do in your business so stay out of my life too then!! Real simple!!

Not sure how a good start on a post about the Pro went to Pro vs Etec then went to how many sleds some guy buys. I don't know how anyone can actually buy and own that many sleds then actually get them running 100% flawless to the point where you can make such a bold statement like lightening is. To me either he is loaded to afford all the toys or he is full of chit and overcompensating for something.

Either way I would sure like to hear more about the Pro than someone bragging about how his kid has a new doo or how big his wallet is.

Let the Pro talk continue. Thanks!

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure how a good start on a post about the pro went to pro vs etec then went to how many sleds some guy buys. I don't know how anyone can actually buy and own that many sleds then actually get them running 100% flawless to the point where you can make such a bold statement like lightening is. To me either he is loaded to afford all the toys or he is full of chit and overcompensating for something.

Either way i would sure like to hear more about the pro than someone bragging about how his kid has a new doo or how big his wallet is.

Let the pro talk continue. Thanks!

lmao priceless,see my point!!

Top Bottom