Good combo?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna plunk down some cash on a lovely set of tires and rims tomorrow after work, And possibly even a lift and spacers. (and Clutch springs too) but before I do, I'm looking at the 27" silverback so I can be nice to my axles. Based on your experience would wheel spacers make the quad better in mud as its less likely to fall into ruts created by narrower quads or will it just get high centred easier in deep mud? (too much acumulating underneath) I never owned spacers on any of my quads before and I'm curious if its worth the ultra steep price tag of a whopping $59.99 from Highlifter (Insert LOL here). :confused::beer:\

Thanks!

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as we are spending your money and are gonna wreck a cowasucki put 30" Black Mambas on. :d:beer:

LOL

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get 27" outlaws over silverbacks for Canadian mud I'm telling you for the last time quadboy55!
I'd have to agree outlaws do work better up here plus there a little but lighter so you don't lose a much power to spin them. Most my buddies are runnin laws and the couple that have backs are looking to trade or sell them for laws. As for the spacers I'm not sure if there is any disadvantage havin them other then they throw mud EVERYWHERE. They help you grab on the side lug of those mud tires when ur in the big ruts and got the quad leaned over trying to get some traction.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
geeeess, all you mud guys! 25" bighorns.. you'll get thru most stuff... and probably reach the finish line quicker! remember 2nd place is the first loser...

just jokin with you bud... thats what you like Shaun, so do her Dude! i would stick to Zilla's thou, if i was you, thats all..

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
geeeess, all you mud guys! 25" bighorns.. you'll get thru most stuff... and probably reach the finish line quicker! remember 2nd place is the first loser...

just jokin with you bud... thats what you like Shaun, so do her Dude! i would stick to Zilla's thou, if i was you, thats all..

You may as well use stockers. I'd run mudlites before bighorns and THAT is saying something.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright, I went with a 28" silverback. I was originally going to get the law but the same size backs are almost 300 bucks cheaper than laws. I also got a 2" RDC lift and a Dalton clutch kit and 12" ITP SS 212 rims. I did not want to go Zilla again as they turned into big donuts.... Much like my mudlites.

---
- Sent from my white iPhone 4

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about the 27 inch black mombahas..... more than enought lug but not to hard to turn...

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about the 27 inch black mombahas..... more than enought lug but not to hard to turn...

Yeah but 1 27" weights 1462 pounds. The 30's weigh 2755 pounds... No good man.

---
- Sent from my white iPhone 4

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya they even look heavy...... kind of like a po po.....

but the momba's sure do look cool......

Top Bottom