Good and bad

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2009 summit x 800 with a 146. Any bad things to look for on this sled? Any good about this sled? Have been a Polaris guy for years . Any help would be great

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 08 summit 800,have not had any issues,did motor after 7000kmh,just do regular maintence.my brother has a 09 summit and no real issues,did motor also.on the 09 we did have it die on mountain once,electrical wire going to the coil pulled out of the connector which was a pour crimp so keep that in mind for others had that problem.pull starter will act up if you run aftermarket can due to too much heat from exhaust,recomend put some venting in both side panels,if have aftermarket can put heat tape to protect starter.both sleds have been pretty well maintence free for us,yes we did motors but higher mileage and no manufactory has a 2 stroke that wont be wore with higher mileage,most guys recomend doing top end at 5000kmh other than that enjoy the sled.clean primary clutch regularly and have a good belt and should enjoy the ride

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 08 xp and brian h is spot on with his advice pull start needs some heat tape one thing i will add is if u get one that eats belts look into a dynamo joe clutch kit not only is it a noticable improvment on getting power to the track but it will also fix the belt issues i use to go through 2-3 per season and after the dj kit i havent blown one since.

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son bought a 09 x 154 new some of the bads are, if you roll it it is a pain to get started again, the set up for changing the belt is a little tricky you might want to do a practice run in the shop instead of on the top of a mountain for the first time, some guy's changed it out to a better set up. The throtle pull on the p tecs takes some muscle build up to get used to. The stance is fairly wide have to work to side hill and throw around.

Goods
He rode the crap out of that thing for 6 years with 0 maintenance and it never left him on the hill. Wide stance makes it a very stable machine. Cheese grader track gets some good track speeds and climbs very good for a 154".

Top Bottom