Golden road improvements/closures.....

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Move along to your new thread.
Wear and Tear on roads in Canada.

Not the Theme of this thread...Thanks though.
Little dense aren’t ya…..

All the transport truck traffic causes congestion on the highway which is the reason for the road “improvements/closures..”

Hence the name of this thread.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score

All the transport truck traffic causes congestion on the highway which is the reason for the road “improvements/closures..”

Go read post #1......
You may be able to comprehend the theme and stay on topic........

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score

Phase 4 of the Kicking Horse Canyon Project lies between the previously-completed Phase 3 West (Golden Hill to West Portal) and Phase 1 (Yoho Bridge) sections. The project will:

• Upgrade approximately 4.8 kilometres of highway through the most challenging section of the canyon to improve safety
  • Realign 13 curves and widen the highway to four lanes with median barrier and wider shoulders to accommodate cyclists
  • Mitigate rock fall and avalanche hazards with bridges, rock catchment ditches and other measures
  • Add wildlife exclusion fencing and wildlife passage opportunities to reduce vehicle-animal collisions
  • Absolutely no mention of transport trucks causing congestion being the reason for this project????? Nothing to do with railways......
  • Move along!

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go read post #1......
You may be able to comprehend the theme and stay on topic........
Definitely on topic….

Sounds like you’re butt hurt because its not what “you” feel is important…

Good for you… you started a thread.
You even spelled it correctly…
News flash… you don’t own it

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Definitely on topic….

Sounds like you’re butt hurt because its not what “you” feel is important…

Good for you… you started a thread.
You even spelled it correctly…
News flash… you don’t own it
Move along..

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the road was closed around Field and is still closed....For avy?
Hopefully someone can chime in on this.....
Some photos people can capture driving thru would be great also...
My crew is heading to Revy today (sans me). Hopefully see some pictures.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

INCIDENT​

Highway 93 Both Directions - Highway 93, in both directions. High avalanche hazard between Madsen Rd and the end of Highway 93 for 93.2 km (Radium Hot Springs to British Columbia and Alberta Border). Road closed. Detour not available. Estimated time of opening not available. Next update time Thu Dec 2 at 12:00 PM MST. Last updated Thu Dec 2 at 1:10 AM MST. (DBC-35684)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

CONSTRUCTION​

Highway 1 Both Directions - Highway 1, in both directions. Avalanche control activity is planned between Field and Visitor Centre Access Rd and BC/Alberta Border for 16.2 km (Field). Starting Thu Dec 2 at 8:30 AM MST until Thu Dec 2 at 9:00 AM MST. Road closure planned. Next update time Thu Dec 2 at 9:00 AM MST. Last updated Wed Dec 1 at 6:13 PM MST. (DBC-35717)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

CONSTRUCTION​

Highway 1 Both Directions - Highway 1, in both directions. Road construction work between Golden Donald Upper Rd and Yoho Bridge (4 km east of Golden). Until Thu Dec 23. Single Lane Alternating Traffic in effect 9am to 3pm and 6pm to 10pm daily. Dec 1, Single Lane Alternating Traffic in effect 10pm to 7am. Expect delays up to 30 min. Starting Dec 2, Hwy will be closed from 10pm to 7am nightly. Next update time Thu Dec 2 at 10:00 PM MST. Last updated Wed Dec 1 at 11:11 AM MST. (DBC-35493)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

INCIDENT​

Highway 1 Both Directions - Highway 1, in both directions. Avalanche control work planned between Illecillewaet Brake Check and Hemlock Grove Boardwalk for 11.5 km (West Boundary of Glacier National Park). Starting Thu Dec 2 at 10:00 AM PST until Thu Dec 2 at 12:00 PM PST. Road closure planned. Watch for traffic control personnel. Next update time Thu Dec 2 at 11:45 AM PST. Last updated Wed Dec 1 at 2:17 PM PST. (DBC-35708)

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the road situation looking like?

Is the main highway good to go?

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I came through last Friday night, no hold ups clear sailing. Haven’t heard any problems this week.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I want to go on the main highway anyways, not today though, maybe tomorrow.

Looks like its finnally snowing in Revy!

Top Bottom