Golden road improvements/closures.....

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score

INCIDENT​

Highway 1 Both Directions - Highway 1, in both directions. Avalanche control work planned between Golden Donald Upper Rd and Ten Mile Hill Truck Stop Rd for 15.5 km (Golden to 9 km west of West Boundary of Yoho National Park). Starting Sun Dec 19 at 9:00 AM MST until Sun Dec 19 at 11:00 AM MST. Road closure planned. Detour will not be available. Next update time Sun Dec 19 at 11:00 AM MST. Last updated Sat Dec 18 at 12:01 PM MST. (DBC-36250)

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a nice 3.7 hour stoppage on the #1 east of Golden last night. We even timed it to be right in the guaranteed open time. But no, no one was moving and we sat on the big bridge (kicking horse?) the entire time. No cell coverage, no way to know what is happening or when we'd be let through, if ever, considering by the time it was cleared we weren't supposed to be able to get through the construction.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
We had a nice 3.7 hour stoppage on the #1 east of Golden last night. We even timed it to be right in the guaranteed open time. But no, no one was moving and we sat on the big bridge (kicking horse?) the entire time. No cell coverage, no way to know what is happening or when we'd be let through, if ever, considering by the time it was cleared we weren't supposed to be able to get through the construction.
Was that due to the semi trucks spun out that figure they don't need chains?
Saw a post on facebook where the boys were stopped, basically at the spun out trucks thru the construction zone of the Kicking Horse Canyon...

So is there pilot cars?
Or just basically flag people on each end.....?

Figure with all the construction, someone would let folks know?

This is why I always ensure fuel tank is full whenever possible......Travelling these zones.
You just never know.

How was the construction coming along?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was there at the bottom of the hill. What happened was trucker # 1 spunout blocking the road. After an hour or so hi ways moved the barriers blocking access around him. Then dipshit trucker #2,3 4 5 and six that watched number 1 spin out and sat on their asses in their flipflops watching rather than chain up, proceeded to spin out and block the hill.

Kinda like a poo rider trying to pass a doo on the hill climb.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Yup. Then the big tow truck jobs...WOW>

How is the construction coming along?
Looking differnt eh?

quite thw big change and improvement its gonna be.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I guess they think they have good winter tires and phuck the chains. Should be fines when chit like that happens.
100 %
No more entitlement.
Stribg them up.
Hang them high....LOL.. Bwahaa

I agree, serious fines.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed West on Monday....Google maps lists this section closed still...what's the poop?

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Saw some risky Passing by impatient drivers this week. phuk just settle in and enjoy the scenery. There are limited safe passing zones between Golden and Radium.
Same for Parks roads thru to Radium
I think that is just a beutiful drive.....
Just chill and enjoy the trip.

But when your a trucker and miles, hours and fuel count that I am sure its not pleasurable.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Went to Sicamous last Wednesday to look at a potential job. Got passed twice on a solid double yellow and it wasn’t a process where they were a little short. They started in a solid double yellow and it was like that throughout the whole passing process. A little nervous to say the least.

Top Bottom