Golden road improvements/closures.....

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shortly after the Canada Day long weekend, two-way traffic will be shifted onto the future eastbound lanes of the new Sheep Bridge at the western end of the project. This will be a relatively minor traffic pattern change, but a significant step in putting new infrastructure
into service. Once the traffic is shifted, work can proceed on the future westbound portion
of the bridge. Similar shifts in traffic to newly-built bridges and viaducts are planned later in the year.

During the month of July, summer hours will be in effect. In general, this means no daytime stoppages, except occasional brief interruptions to move materials or equipment or accommodate turning trucks. Expect half-hour stoppages in the evening and overnight closures from 10 pm to 7 am. Friday nights will have half-hour stoppages overnight (instead of full overnight closures) and there should be no stoppages at all from 7 am Saturdays until 8 pm Sundays.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
From noon September 26 to December 1, 2022 the Trans-Canada Highway will be closed to all traffic between Golden and the west end of Yoho National Park.

Yoho National Park and Field. B.C. will remain open to visitors, but through traffic must detour on B.C. Highway 93S and B.C. Highway 95.

📅
Over Thanksgiving weekend the closure will be lifted and highway access will be permitted from October 7 to October 11.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't complain about their timing for this big closure, works out well for us sledders.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have lots of $$ in mods in that green truck. I have a stock gmc truck for sitting in trafic jams.

What's that supose to mean ? Youre afraid of engine hours ? lol jk
I imagine the gmc has Active fuel management, goto 4cyl hiway ?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's that supose to mean ? Youre afraid of engine hours ? lol jk
I imagine the gmc has Active fuel management, goto 4cyl hiway ?

Ya i try to keep the KMs down on that truck. Its got nice paint. I have a whole fleet of chit to drive. Im not hurting on vehicles.

Last edited:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Open link and scroll down to you tube video.
Pretty cool. Shows the upgrades to the canyon...
And is opening early, ahead of schedule at 6 a.m. Friday, Nov. 25, according to a Ministry of Transportation

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be sweet if they bypassed golden completely. The rcmp have gotten me there a couple times haha.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Kicking Horse Canyon Phase 4 will be open with no stoppages for the Labour Day long weekend, from Friday, Sept. 1 at 7 am until Tuesday, Sept. 5, at 8 pm.
(Exception: occasional brief interruptions to move materials or equipment or to accommodate turning trucks.)
See the construction calendar for the regular schedule of stoppages and closures: https://www.kickinghorsecanyon.ca/construction/calendar/
See more
May be an image of road

All reactions:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Kicking Horse Canyon Phase 4 will be open with no stoppages for the Labour Day long weekend, from Friday, Sept. 1 at 7 am until Tuesday, Sept. 5, at 8 pm.
(Exception: occasional brief interruptions to move materials or equipment or to accommodate turning trucks.)
See the construction calendar for the regular schedule of stoppages and closures: https://www.kickinghorsecanyon.ca/construction/calendar/
See more
May be an image of road

All reactions:
Flew through there yesterday around supper time. Was behind a cop and sped the whole way through. Brooks to Seymour Arm in 8hs. Usually takes me 10 but last night traffic was ripping. Only a few a$$ hats blocking pass lanes.

Eastbound at Banff though was a different story. Traffic was backed up both lanes all the way back between bourgeau and red earth hiking pull offs. About 10 km.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flew through there yesterday around supper time. Was behind a cop and sped the whole way through. Brooks to Seymour Arm in 8hs. Usually takes me 10 but last night traffic was ripping. Only a few a$$ hats blocking pass lanes.

Eastbound at Banff though was a different story. Traffic was backed up both lanes all the way back between bourgeau and red earth hiking pull offs. About 10 km.
View attachment 272594
They said on the news there was a giant sinkhole on eastbound #1 at Banff so we’re diverting people through town

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
They said on the news there was a giant sinkhole on eastbound #1 at Banff so we’re diverting people through town
Ya I couldn’t see the sink hole when I went by but they were finally removing the barriers to turn the highway into 2way traffic. It was between the 2 entrances into Banff. Banff must have been a mess. Imagine a B Train going through downtown.

Top Bottom