Golden and area riding conditons for 2014-2015

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found a lot of bumper deep today and better... Feeling sorry for the guy whom broke his leg today.

image.jpg

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stopped at Quartz for a quick ride on the way home from Revelstoke yesterday.

Snow was starting to accumulate a bit and there was anywhere from 4 to 8" fresh depending on where you were at in the area. Very hard and tracked out under the fresh snow. Still need a lot more snow to be considered good riding.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a condition report on the West Bench trail lately? Planning a family ride soon.

Thanks in advance,

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting season we are having ...

long story short ...

this is a good time/season to get into the terrain you've been thinking about for years. the melt freeze we just had set up the lower mtn nicely. creeks are in good shape even thou most ppl think its a low snow pack.
I have several missions I'd like to get on and alpine I'd like to get into !!!

not just in the blae ...

I just need the rite crew of crazies ...

the snow on sundy was great but not deep and getting stuck was hard to do ... but I still did ...

contact me if your want to ride something new ...

Catman2007

Reaction score
Hey shadam my bro inlaw and me will be comin to golden on the 12-14 would love to ride somewhere new with a local that knows the areas. Only ever rode Gorman and quartz.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a condition report on the West Bench trail lately? Planning a family ride soon.

Thanks in advance,

Talked to a guy on Sunday, took his 5 and 2 year old out all the way to Quartz and back. Said snow levels where good and trail was in awasome shape. Carried 80km the whole way.

polarischik

Reaction score
Anyone been up mount 7? Heading through tomorrow late afternoon and thought if Quartz is out because it will be too late, maybe I will rip up to the top of 7. Thoughts?

eke019

Reaction score

long story short ...

this is a good time/season to get into the terrain you've been thinking about for years. the melt freeze we just had set up the lower mtn nicely. creeks are in good shape even thou most ppl think its a low snow pack.

not just in the blae ...

the snow on sundy was great but not deep and getting stuck was hard to do ... but I still did ...

Just how crazy do you need to be? I would like to ride Golden, never been, so all of it would be new to me. I am not a complete rookie, nor am I an expert, I guess that makes me somewhat intermediate. Let me know if you an intermediate rider could get to those places in the current conditions. I would be very interested in joining you this weekend.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

long story short ...

not just in the blae ...

Crazy is as Crazy does :)

I'm coming through on my way to Sicamous after the weekend.... Maybe could ride Monday or Tuesday if you're up to it !!!

Need to test out some new parts :)

Top Bottom