Golden and area riding conditons for 2014-2015

cowboytb

Reaction score
No snow.....well we will just have to come up there and find out who lying and who is telling the truth

monsterxlr8

Reaction score
What have the temps been like up top? Hoping that the rain at the bottom will be snow up higher. Bring on the snow dance people.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With highs around 0 to -5 and lows around -10, any of that glorious fresh from last weekend will be consolidated. I predict most will find bumper deep and less. Average around spindle deep. Stay up high. Might be a big system rolling through but still it will be consolidated by the afternoon with positive temps forecasted all next week.

keep an eye out for that layer about 1.5ft down, potential heavy snow loading.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422154499.476304.jpg
We had a good day in quartz today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow cluster **** going up silent. Some guy in a tan Ford with bald tires pulling a 4 place didn't even make the 2nd switch back. Then 3 trailers had to back down...

snow was was head light deep for the most part. Couple remote triggers today, if it warms tomorrow Avy will be pretty high.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow cluster **** going up silent. Some guy in a tan Ford with bald tires pulling a 4 place didn't even make the 2nd switch back. Then 3 trailers had to back down...

snow was was head light deep for the most part. Couple remote triggers today, if it warms tomorrow Avy will be pretty high.

haha,
Cant afford some winter tires to pull out their toys..... LMFAO.... :mad:
Can't wait to get back there and go for a ride with ya again bud ! :)

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Man that really aggravates me. People don't understand how much them being lazy or cheap affects other people....especially in moments like this. Yea I have a lifted truck with 37's that aren't great in the snow and ice. I know this but I have a big ol set chains built if I think I'm gonna need em. In my job I see how much just one person not being prepared affects other people and I can't stand being that guy. Some people need to smarten up!!!

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
champagne powder was great !!!

buddy peeled his track clean off his turbo nitro ...

wotev ... bought a new one and the ratbaggers will fit it in the am and he will be brappin before sundown ...

dang today was fine !!!

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's pretty much been the story of this winter at Silent. I was coming out of there awhile back and there was half a dozen truck/trailers parked at the first turn unloading that could not make it....

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit Gorman today again... Wow crazy warm temps up top, be well aware! It is fluffy underneath that warm layer. Snow was bumper deep and April/may like conditions. Semi tracked out, still some to be found after this weekends rush. Huge winds up top in the back of Lang and cirque.

Trail was in amazing shape!

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So are conditions good enough to make a trip were leaving in the am and had to change plans I hear revy and sicamose god to much warm weather up to snow is shot

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were thinking of going to hope creek, but got told that it was so warm, it's hard packed... Chatter creek we called

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Golden got the same warm system revy got. Silent went from deep fluffy facials to west coast heavy ball up infront of your sled, stuck down hill, pack up like concrete as soon as you stop kinda snow. still a wicked day, Just not your typical January conditions. Conditions were extremely tender yesterday in there, over a dozen naturals through out the front and back side and we remotely set a little one off from ontop of the ridge. Even seeing naturals in the cut blocks were we dont normally see them before the groomer turn around. Ride safe.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Quartz today. Hope the temps get colder so we can groom! Total spring riding out there. Deep heavy wet snow above the cabin. Once you get above 7000'ish it was really good as it stayed cooler up there over night! Just the tops of the play areas were good but they were worth it. I would strongly not recommend climbing anything as there were signs of naturals and sled triggered slides all over the place..... couldn't believe the tracks I saw today considering it has been HIGH HIGH all week.... people still getting after it... hate to sound like the "fun police"!
If we get the snow in the forecast late weekend next week should be pretty sick!!

Top Bottom