Going to Golden

DonMcKay

Reaction score
Website
www.calgaryatvriders.com
Some of us From Calgary Snowmobile Club are heading to Golden this weekend.
Pro-Am from Calgary is bringing out some fresh Yamaha's for a demo day.

We are staying at the Golden Rim Inn
Coming out on the 14th and staying till the 16th.

Don

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will be riding Quartz on Saturday,Watch for the big Orange Kitty!
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Likely go down 22 to avoid traffic,leaving thur after work.Want to go for a rip on Saturday?Come to Golden!
catmando!

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Golden bound as well this week-end! Riding Friday and Sat. A big orange kitty shouldn't be hard to see! I've got a yellow and blue Rev....................kinda like the one in my avatar.

Fordx4ing

Reaction score
I'll be heading down for the 15th and 16th as well. We're staying at the Rim and thinking about doing Quartz Sat as well. Don't know about Sun. Where are you guys riding? There should be 5 machines in my group. Can't wait!!!

:party2:

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was riding golden dec 7-8 quarts was good a fair bit of snow had to watch for objects good groomed trail,Silent pass was good too, had to watch for objects to and the avie danger was high as we seen a guy set one off and was inn it 2, was lucky. Hopefully they get a lot more snow, watch out for windows being broke on trucks it happend at silent on sat(3) got it and read on snow west quartz got it 2, Happy sledding

GRD

Reaction score
Likely go down 22 to avoid traffic,leaving thur after work.Want to go for a rip on Saturday?Come to Golden!
catmando!

Would love to go! Still haven't got my steering post back. Hopefully this week or weekend!

GRD

Reaction score
Couple of lenghts of rope attached to the linkage and you shoud be good to go. Steering posts are over rated...really.

How long till it arrives?

Not sure... A guy my father knows is doing it for me.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be out at Quartz w/ the club on Saturday as well....see ya there. I'm not sure where I'm staying yet but I think I'll be thumbing a ride off of DRS (Darren). I'll be on a blue Apex...lookin forward to getting a nytro stuck!

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey just so you guys know. If you are going to golden and any of you have a trail camera for hunting, install it in the parking lot close to your truck. 7 trucks were broken into over the weekend and they took everything they could get. Windows were smashed out, trailer mutalated with a axe, etc. Funny thing is, that all of the units hit were from alberta or either the states. So just a reminder, lock everything u can and take all valuables out at the hotel. Just bring what u need for the day. It happened at quartz creek, silent pass, Along HWY 1 by quartz, Hope, ETC. Just dont want anyone to get you vehicle vandilized.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
That rotten news, here we go again, a year of breakin's and stolen vehicles.
I'm hoping someone has a hunting camera and catches some of these creeps.
Hey just so you guys know. If you are going to golden and any of you have a trail camera for hunting, install it in the parking lot close to your truck. 7 trucks were broken into over the weekend and they took everything they could get. Windows were smashed out, trailer mutalated with a axe, etc. Funny thing is, that all of the units hit were from alberta or either the states. So just a reminder, lock everything u can and take all valuables out at the hotel. Just bring what u need for the day. It happened at quartz creek, silent pass, Along HWY 1 by quartz, Hope, ETC. Just dont want anyone to get you vehicle vandilized.

GRD

Reaction score

May think twice about going to Golden!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats to bad I guess they win I won't go to Golden now. Which also means my cash will not be spent in Golden, so if no one wants to spend the money to stop this crap I won't give them my money...pretty simple.

Barster

Reaction score
apperently they hit Blue Lake on friday as well. Same thing axe to trailer. someone lost a machine.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As i remember it was the last 3 trucks parked along the road that were hit,If they hit quartz did`nt the guy in the booth taking money hear or see anything.Oh and the trail into silent was`nt groomed and did`nt have to pay.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As i remember it was the last 3 trucks parked along the road that were hit,If they hit quartz did`nt the guy in the booth taking money hear or see anything.Oh and the trail into silent was`nt groomed and did`nt have to pay.

The quartz guys were not hit until late day and the trail fee people are gone by noon usually. Yes blue lake was also hit, But it is still BS that people are doing this. Ill be hittin revy or sicamous from now on. I have ordered a trail camera so when i do ride there next i can put in the parking lot and make sure that it is set to take good pics from a distance. Cause i can say this much, i dont want my trauck broken into. Buddy was at golden all week (3-9) and he said that he ended up putting his sled on his buddys truck from golden so it did not happen to him.

GRD

Reaction score
The quartz guys were not hit until late day and the trail fee people are gone by noon usually. Yes blue lake was also hit, But it is still BS that people are doing this. Ill be hittin revy or sicamous from now on. I have ordered a trail camera so when i do ride there next i can put in the parking lot and make sure that it is set to take good pics from a distance. Cause i can say this much, i dont want my trauck broken into. Buddy was at golden all week (3-9) and he said that he ended up putting his sled on his buddys truck from golden so it did not happen to him.

That camera idea is pretty good....

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 of us will be heading to Golden on Sat from Airdrie and will more than likely ride Gorman both days will be riding 1 doo and 2 m's. As catzuki said there have been several vehicles broke into over the last few weekends and they seem to be targeting all areas so ensure you leave anything of value at the motel.

Rob

Top Bottom