Going to be another bad winter? No Snow?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Not much we can do about it. I'd expect to see the same weather as last year.
That blob of warm water In the Pacific is still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Just have to look for the snow and take it when it comes. That frozen, rainy crap can stay at the lower elevations.....

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regardless of El whatever its going to be another awsome year. Just going to put on miles like last year. Go where the snow is and the rain is not. Last year rode Revy, Sicamous, Golden, Fernie, Cooke City MT, Ashton WY and Southern Idaho. the F350 sure had a lot of oil changes but got to ride some new areas with great friends.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regardless of El whatever its going to be another awsome year. Just going to put on miles like last year. Go where the snow is and the rain is not. Last year rode Revy, Sicamous, Golden, Fernie, Cooke City MT, Ashton WY and Southern Idaho. the F350 sure had a lot of oil changes but got to ride some new areas with great friends.

Sadly the dollar being in the crapper really changes the cost of riding Stateside.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty good dump in NE BC last night.
image.jpg

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How good are the weather forcasters less than 40% right so all we can do is wait and hope for the best

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dude, I dunno, I have ridden Fernie with my mountain bike the last couple a years in September.. best riding, but I don't remember snow.

I hope this is the new beginning though.:d

I still think this is a freak thing and a anowy winter is upon us~! !

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good Morn. Seem as the years go by its less and less water year round. Ponds we chased ducks on in fall are gone. Creeks are now half of what they used to be and the fish are gone. On some hiking trails used to get your feet wet now no water. The good thing I do not have to shovel the driveway any more in winter???

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Dude, I dunno, I have ridden Fernie with my mountain bike the last couple a years in September.. best riding, but I don't remember snow.

I hope this is the new beginning though.:d

I still think this is a freak thing and a anowy winter is upon us~! !

It never sticks around and I agree, September is a beauty month. The bugs are gone as well as the high temps. It is just nice to see the moisture moving around. I'm still thinking about breaking trail the first part of November......:D

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It never sticks around and I agree, September is a beauty month. The bugs are gone as well as the high temps. It is just nice to see the moisture moving around. I'm still thinking about breaking trail the first part of November......:D

This being my 17th year sledding in the mountains, there has never been a winter where I have not been out the first or second week of november, sometimes it has been as early as the third week of october. Lets enjoy the fall though, september in the elk valley is one of the nicest months of the year to be here. Sure is nice to see the white peaks!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
This being my 17th year sledding in the mountains, there has never been a winter where I have not been out the first or second week of november, sometimes it has been as early as the third week of october. Lets enjoy the fall though, september in the elk valley is one of the nicest months of the year to be here. Sure is nice to see the white peaks!!

Right on!

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hes right it seems like a normal sept to me and I bet we are breaking trail in nov.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not so sure up here. This Sept is not normal. Weather is not following normal patterns. High humidity, no wind. I bet it snows early and maybe lots. I could be doing some combining in May.

Top Bottom