Goggles - Whats good?

Trev

Reaction score
FEEZE ! Maybe it was a problem with beer goggles from the night before ��
I have had good luck with smith and Oakley on an old hjc helmet and now a carbon 509 helmet that I'm gonna change out

Feeze

Reaction score
FEEZE ! Maybe it was a problem with beer goggles from the night before �
I have had good luck with smith and Oakley on an old hjc helmet and now a carbon 509 helmet that I'm gonna change out

It was Vodka......... That usually makes everything clearer....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Progrip is what I use, love em, light sensitive and only $54 if you order them at the right place.

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you find the pro grips, I have the same ones you're talking about for 4 yrs now but can't find new ones anywhere.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just got Argyle Motor sports to order them like 2 days ago!!

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And yes, ours were way older then that,we used them like 6years or something sick like that haha! they did not auto tint anymore.

SKDeuce

Reaction score
I'm a Klim whore...I didn't like the first gen goggles...they made a few small changes and current ones work pretty well. I always ride with 2-3 pairs...my main two are a set of polarized lensed and a pair of blue tints. I Previously swore by Scott 89XI's...those were the best goggles I ever used (still have 3 pairs) but they quit making thm years ago and I couldn't find a replacement within Scott's line

x2 on the 89xi. Have two pairs but like you said they don't make them anymore. Bought a pair of the Scott Hustle snow and haven't had any issues with fogging like my buddies with 509's.

REPO

Reaction score
I have a couple pairs of " Stage Ideas" goggles. Work awesome for me, no fogging at all. I bought them around this time last year after reading a bunch about them on the snowest forum. At that time they were 50% off or something. They are still super cheap, I'd buy them again for sure.

zeke

Reaction score
I think it's helmet fit and face fit. I bought a pair of airbrakes last year and they fogged up instantly. Loved the easy lens change but had to get rid of them. Went back to my Smiths. Have a couple old Scott for spares. Still searching for the goggle that won't fog when it's warm and snowing, you know those quarter size flakes. Anyone try Daredevil?

Bozo

Reaction score
I'll reiterate what most have already stated....the Airbrake is a quality goggle with good value. Quality lens material, its noticeable in side by side comparisons. I wear a Fox V4 helmet and the frame fits perfectly, the nose piece fits exceptionally well with the breath box. Never have a fogging problem, but set up is a big part of that.

I like the the looks of the 509, tried on a pair couple days ago. Unfortunately the lens material is mediocre and the nose design pinches my nose. Love that wide strap though!

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The past few seasons I used 509 Sinister's with a polarized copper lens for bright days and blue for low light. Like the color, but not the best for fog. They're a $50.00 goggle with a $100.00 name label.

Lots of good reviews on the Oakley Airbrakes & also the Smith I/O, but haven't tried them (some of the models are really expensive)

Also heard good reviews on Zeal Googles, so finally broke down and bought a pair of the Zeal Eclipse googles with polarized automatic lens. Will be trying them for the first time tomorrow. Still expensive, but worth the $$ I hear.

Just got back from a couple days riding with the Zeal googles and really happy. Nice to be able to breath through my nose (unlike the Sinister's), rode in everything from bright blue sky, heavy snow, flat light, fog and dark.
Zero fogging issues and light really happy with the light definition.

The googles are colder / have more air flow behind than my 509's, but I'm happy with that. For me they would probably be good to about -15 then might feel a bit cold.

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with comments on fit to face and helmet. My primary goggles are 509 Sinisters, the big thing is that my breath box is below the goggle and I removed the nose piece off the goggle. Haven't fogged at all. Back ups are the Bolle special from Costco and they haven't fogged yet. Ps make sure balaclava is clear of your face.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Feeze

Reaction score
Just got back from a couple days riding with the Zeal googles and really happy. Nice to be able to breath through my nose (unlike the Sinister's), rode in everything from bright blue sky, heavy snow, flat light, fog and dark.
Zero fogging issues and light really happy with the light definition.

The googles are colder / have more air flow behind than my 509's, but I'm happy with that. For me they would probably be good to about -15 then might feel a bit cold.

Nice to here you goggles worked.

I agree they were a little cooler also, especially when they were around my neck... Lol

Looks like I got a pair built on Friday afternoon before a long weekend...

Mine were fogging up between the lenses.

I sent an email of to customer service... See what comes of it....

wooleybulley

Reaction score
I am currently waiting on my pair of ABOM goggles to be hipped, pretty stoked to try out the heated lenses.
I currently ride with anon M2 goggles, they have magnetic lenses it takes about 5 seconds to change the lenses and its easy to carry spare lenses because they are much smaller than another set of goggles. not cheap though, and spare lenses run ya 80 bux

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to here you goggles worked.

I agree they were a little cooler also, especially when they were around my neck... Lol

Looks like I got a pair built on Friday afternoon before a long weekend...

Mine were fogging up between the lenses.

I sent an email of to customer service... See what comes of it....

Sell them if it doesn't work out. Some one else will love them.
I can think of a number of things that others loved, but I hated.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up two pairs of the new spy's with the removable lens and they are awesome. change the lens in under two seconds....

Top Bottom