Goggles - Whats good?

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You find them good for no fog? what are you guys paying for these?

I have the Oakley airbrake with prizm lense and i cheer hard for them. I will never run anything else, Oakley just released the Flight Deck model with prizm lenses. I am going to look into them, i paid $275+tax for my airbrakes. You will not be disappointed with the Oakley product.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the rest of your gear also plays a factor. Half the time when guys are complaining about their goggles fogging they are sweating. You need good gear that helps regulate your temperature.

I wear klims along with a Klim artic balaclava or a breath deflector and klim helmet. They are all the same brand and made to fit and work with each other. I hardly use my spares. My only complaint is they do let a lot of air in and the odd small snowflake that hits you in the eye and is pretty annoying.

Last edited:

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Oakley airbrake with prizm lense and i cheer hard for them. I will never run anything else, Oakley just released the Flight Deck model with prizm lenses. I am going to look into them, i paid $275+tax for my airbrakes. You will not be disappointed with the Oakley product.

I would be dissapointed in myself for spending that much money for goggles lol

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
goggles1.jpg I just got a pair of Klim Radium with the orange lense, no chrome. Loved em on our first trip out. Wore only 1 pair both days, with no issues either day and I run out of talent often... Used to have to have 2 pairs of original sinisters and switch em out often even with goggle fan... Super impressed

Last edited:

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be dissapointed in myself for spending that much money for goggles lol

I would be disappointed with a product that didn't perform how i wanted it to. I have watched friends over the years purchase several pairs of goggles ranging from $50-$120. They say the same thing, how could you spend so much? Well in 10 years with 25-35 days a year i'm on my 2nd pair of Oakleys. So the cost broken down for top notch optic performance is very cheap. The next time you see somebody with a set of Oakleys with the prizm lense, ask them to let you look through them, your response will be the same that i hear every time, "wow, where can i buy a set".

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The past few seasons I used 509 Sinister's with a polarized copper lens for bright days and blue for low light. Like the color, but not the best for fog. They're a $50.00 goggle with a $100.00 name label.

Lots of good reviews on the Oakley Airbrakes & also the Smith I/O, but haven't tried them (some of the models are really expensive)

Also heard good reviews on Zeal Googles, so finally broke down and bought a pair of the Zeal Eclipse googles with polarized automatic lens. Will be trying them for the first time tomorrow. Still expensive, but worth the $$ I hear.

Last edited:

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be disappointed with a product that didn't perform how i wanted it to. I have watched friends over the years purchase several pairs of goggles ranging from $50-$120. They say the same thing, how could you spend so much? Well in 10 years with 25-35 days a year i'm on my 2nd pair of Oakleys. So the cost broken down for top notch optic performance is very cheap. The next time you see somebody with a set of Oakleys with the prizm lense, ask them to let you look through them, your response will be the same that i hear every time, "wow, where can i buy a set".

I didnt mean there not worth it or unjustifiable, I have some pretty expensive oakley sunglasses that are worth the money. But I do get buyers remorse with high priced items.

Ruralcowboy

Reaction score
One thing I don't think anyone has brought up, is how/will they fit in the helmet you have. I tried may different models before I found a pair that fit my face and my helmet.
I have the Zeal W/polarized automatic lenses and think they are worth every penny.

Nagzs

Reaction score
I bought 2 pairs of Oakley Crowbar's with Prizm lenses. $175.00/pair Black Friday deals.

Can't wait to try them out!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, helmet and goggles should be designed together... but im a Klim whore

twumba

Reaction score
I'm running the Fly F2 carbon, so I hope the Airbrakes will fit

Feeze

Reaction score
The past few seasons I used 509 Sinister's with a polarized copper lens for bright days and blue for low light. Like the color, but not the best for fog. They're a $50.00 goggle with a $100.00 name label.

Lots of good reviews on the Oakley Airbrakes & also the Smith I/O, but haven't tried them (some of the models are really expensive)

Also heard good reviews on Zeal Googles, so finally broke down and bought a pair of the Zeal Eclipse googles with polarized automatic lens. Will be trying them for the first time tomorrow. Still expensive, but worth the $$ I hear.

I bought the Zeals, as I pretty much wore out my 509's.

Unfortunately, they are not worth it..... Barely went 1k up he trail @ Boulder and had them off.

Really disappointed.... Going back to 509's or Smith's.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the Zeals, as I pretty much wore out my 509's.

Unfortunately, they are not worth it..... Barely went 1k up he trail @ Boulder and had them off.

Really disappointed.... Going back to 509's or Smith's.....

well...... crap. you're the first I've heard of that's not happy with them. Hope they work out better for me than yours did.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always bring my helmet with me when i goggle shop. The airbrakes fit perfect in my Troy Lee Designs SE3.

Feeze

Reaction score
well...... crap. you're the first I've heard of that's not happy with them. Hope they work out better for me than yours did.

Hope so too.... My son is a snowboarder, and he said they were more of a snowboard goggles.... He was right.

They fit really well on my 509 helmet, and look great.....

Best of luck with yours...... Mine are now a back up pair...

Top Bottom