Goggles - Whats good?

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up two pairs of the new spy's with the removable lens and they are awesome. change the lens in under two seconds....

Another vote for SPYs. Mine are 4-5 years old on second amber lens. I also pack a pair of VonZippers but almost never need to swap. When stopped i keep toilet paper and dab away the moisture from the foam and inside. I also immediately remove them when stopped and place lens up on my bars. I rarely warm them up unless we stop at a cabin for an extended break... Works for me...

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got the new Oakley airbreaks worst goggles ever fog instantly and get snow and moisture between the lenses my 15 year old spy's work way better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lgallant

Reaction score
509 are junk. I have a $20 pair of smiths that are better in all conditions. They even work better with a 509 helmet. Don't waste your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am currently waiting on my pair of ABOM goggles to be hipped, pretty stoked to try out the heated lenses.
I currently ride with anon M2 goggles, they have magnetic lenses it takes about 5 seconds to change the lenses and its easy to carry spare lenses because they are much smaller than another set of goggles. not cheap though, and spare lenses run ya 80 bux

I just went on their website, looks like an interesting product for sure. It looks like they are still on pre-order status. Definitely give us an update and review when you get them. I might go for a pair if they live up to their claims.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride 100 plus days a year and in the past had trouble with almost every goggle I have had. Since switching 4 or 5 years ago to Smith I/O I have had no trouble. I have 3 pairs and only ever take 2 out.
also I find that having a good breath box is supper important, and have had the best luck with a cheep generic one.

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems like the same goggle can be loved and hated on this thread. I have tried a lot of goggles over the years. Im using Airbrakes and the latest Zeal, and have great results with both. I have a Airoh Aviator. Keeping lots of ventilation around your head and face (if not too cold) makes a huge difference. Remove your balaclava as soon as possible.

manonfire1978

Reaction score
Any reviews on the Smith I/O 7's yet. I bought a pair the other day just because they were half price, hope they are good & hope they fit the helmet. Just couldn't let them sit on the shelf any longer at that price.

Last edited:

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oakley... Canopy ...or the Smith i/oX or i/o7s NEW SPY or any other oversized googles will work best for sledders. Foam or cork material is used to SEAL the LENS together but what happens is the foam or cork is poris so that the lens can breath and NOT build up ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE.... So what happens to the foam or cork material is that over the course of the day water, condensation builds up to the point were it soaks through the cork or foam and moisture becomes trapped between the lens,then it starts to fog up between the lens ...or u may also experience starbursts [ tiny little white clouds] between the lens ... The best solution is before going to bed take the lens OUT of the goggle and PUT it were its WARM and in the morning the foam or cork should be dry ....Now SMITH has a PATENT on what they call a PORE X FILTER which is a small RELEASE VALVE on the front of the lens. Its purpose is to only release ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE before it splits the lens. So instead of using cork or foam this allows SMITH to use SILICONE BEAD to seal there lens .... hope this helps...

Last edited:
Top Bottom