Goggles - Whats good?

twumba

Reaction score
Did a search didn't find much, I was riding Whistler Saturday on a flat light and snowing day, my goggles were miserable...looking at Smith's io7 or Oakley Airbrake?

Fun$

Reaction score
I bought a set of zeal goggles at the show (2 pairs) had 509's for a 509 helmet what junk they were haven't tried the zeal ones yet

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oakley airbrake with rose prism lense is the best. Well worth the money, tons of contrast in low light.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I've tried every goggle their is out their. Everyone's eyes are so different from one another...what works for one doesn't mean will work for you. I switched back to Oakley this year after using 509 for the last 5 years. So far I'm really happy with them and don't have one complaint. I went with the airbrake for ease of changing lenses. They cost a pretty penny be prepared to spend close to $500 for the goggles and a couple spare lenses. Lenses are just as much as fogonine goggles but so far haven't had any fog issues, they vent really well and the new prizim lens works as well as they say it does.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Box full of 509 I don't wear anymore. First case of bud gets them all. SMITH all the way

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear a rose lense...seems to work well in low light
For fogging the only fix I got is the Klim Arctic balaclava. Bought one and haven't fogged once this year.

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recently bought 509 sinisters and a Altitude helmet, zero complaints so far. Both are super comfy and no fog issues yet

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 goggles are cheap **** with a big price tag, same with the helmets. not impressed at all. and the google cant go two feet without fogging and icing rite up. never again

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
509 goggles are cheap **** with a big price tag, same with the helmets. not impressed at all. and the google cant go two feet without fogging and icing rite up. never again
And yet, I have 4 pairs (Sinisters AND Aviators) and absolutely LOVE them. Have no reason to try anything else. Wear a Klim arctic balaclava and haven't had a hint of fog up one single time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

Reactions: krr

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You find them good for no fog? what are you guys paying for these?

I use a 509 breathe box from the carbon fibre helmets in my klim helmet. With the breathe box it never fogs.

Without a breathe box, your breathe will fog any goggle. You need to direct that warm moisture out below the helmet.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And yet, I have 4 pairs (Sinisters AND Aviators) and absolutely LOVE them. Have no reason to try anything else. Wear a Klim arctic balaclava and haven't had a hint of fog up one single time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.
then your getting to choose from the same pile a burandt... cause ive tried everything ive even got the balaclava with the nose piece and they don't work worth a ****

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had good luck with the 40$ Scott goggles. I even have a pair of gordini from Canadian tire for 20$ that work great they never fog.

If your goggles are fogging its usually because your sweating or breathing hard and not moving

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a Klim whore...I didn't like the first gen goggles...they made a few small changes and current ones work pretty well. I always ride with 2-3 pairs...my main two are a set of polarized lensed and a pair of blue tints. I Previously swore by Scott 89XI's...those were the best goggles I ever used (still have 3 pairs) but they quit making thm years ago and I couldn't find a replacement within Scott's line

tcr

Reaction score
Anyone try the goggle fan for fogging issues?

I put a fan in my sinisters. It helps, but isn't perfect - still get some fogging on warm days. Picked up a pair of the cheap costco goggles for a 3rd spare, work better than my 509's but don't fit my helmet great. I'm going to try some of the oakleys with the Klim Arctic bella clava suggested above.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO doesn't matter what you are using. Get a second pair and put a goggle bag under the hood. If they fog, or you do a face plant they dry out within minutes. Always having a fresh fog free set is the way to go.

Top Bottom