Glock, Springfield, or ?

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing a 10mm handgun in one of the 2 flavors listed. I've handled the GLock G20 and it seems a bit bulky in the grip and I'm not a fan of the fixed sights. I've yet to handle a Springfield XDM but have heard that it is louder than most 10mm's but other than that it seems like a legit contender. Does anyone here own either of these handguns and what are your thoughts on them. If you're shooting something different in 10mm I'd like to hear your opinions as well.

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had the glock and now own a sig sauer p220 in 10mm. 10mm can be a little harsh on the recoil and this is why I no longer have the Glock. The Sig is a awesome platform, but I am pretty biased as I carried a P226 for 11 years.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Sig as well in 9mm. P226 MK25 Navy Edition. Same gun the SEAL's have and I love it. Very good quality

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vote number 3 for sig.....I would only use a glock if forced to, and I hate all the new striker fired actions.....I turned back 2 9mm sig 226's with over 10k rounds on both of them, never had a failure.... I would also recommend the 226 in 9mm, and would stay away from the 10mm....harsh to shoot, lower mag capacity and scarcer, more expensive ammo...lots of new technology 9mm cartridges that have good stopping power...

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's funny....after trying all of the above out I bought a sig as well. Had the intention of buying a Glock but found there was no comparison between the two

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like my gen 2 G20 glock I also have conversion kit to 40 cal works great. At the time of purchase it was a cost thing for me.. was going to cost another 50% to step up to a Sig. choices are pretty limited in 10mm
10mm is stout recoil for sure.. but if a bear was to charge you while you were at the range..it’s nice to have more than less as long as it’s in your comfort zone

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does Sig make their own, or was GSG only making the Mosquito for them?

Sig makes their own. When the USA years ago tested 9mm’s for the new service pistol, sig won out over beretta, but sig refused to allow them to be built under licence in the states, so beretta won the competition. As far as I know sig still builds their service pastors themselves.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's funny....after trying all of the above out I bought a sig as well. Had the intention of buying a Glock but found there was no comparison between the two

No comparison is there? Perfect example of you get what you pay for....

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sig makes their own. When the USA years ago tested 9mm’s for the new service pistol, sig won out over beretta, but sig refused to allow them to be built under licence in the states, so beretta won the competition. As far as I know sig still builds their service pastors themselves.

Okay cool thanks, ya cause GSG was making the sig mosquito, now thats over, they are calling it the GSG Firefly

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vote number 3 for sig.....I would only use a glock if forced to, and I hate all the new striker fired actions.....I turned back 2 9mm sig 226's with over 10k rounds on both of them, never had a failure.... I would also recommend the 226 in 9mm, and would stay away from the 10mm....harsh to shoot, lower mag capacity and scarcer, more expensive ammo...lots of new technology 9mm cartridges that have good stopping power...
15 round magazine is plenty for a 10mm, the Sig P220 is out, this is a bd gift from the wife and she has a limit. SO no real favorable report on the Glock G20 and nothing on the Springfield XDM so far, I am leaning more towards that pistol as it stands right now.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My glock does everything it needs to do.. I am very happy with it, yes they are not refined like a sig for sure however there simplicity, corrosion resistance and plethora of aftermarket sold me. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

I would rather put more money into a 9mm which you are going to shoot a lot more.. my 2c

Last edited:

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
15 round magazine is plenty for a 10mm, the Sig P220 is out, this is a bd gift from the wife and she has a limit. SO no real favorable report on the Glock G20 and nothing on the Springfield XDM so far, I am leaning more towards that pistol as it stands right now.

Springfield makes good stuff, you wouldn’t go wrong with that unit. Much better than glock for sure...

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Springfield 40 cal

Really like it.

I tried both the Glock and the Springfield before I purchased.

Travco28

Reaction score
I have a Glock 40 in 10mm . Its a long slide and supper smooth shooting . I realy like it

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

In Canada our laws for Maximum Permitted magazine is 10. Magazines designed to contain centre-fire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semi-automatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. The 15 round would be a prohibited devise. Un USA im not sure the laws.

Top Bottom