Glock, Springfield, or ?

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Canada our laws for Maximum Permitted magazine is 10. Magazines designed to contain centre-fire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semi-automatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. The 15 round would be a prohibited devise. Un USA im not sure the laws.
All it takes is a magical rivet installed in the mag that only let's you load 10 rounds in it, and it is magically legal.

I have a few 9mm glock mags that are designed to hold 17 rounds, but with the magical rivet installed the most they hold is 10.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All it takes is a magical rivet installed in the mag that only let's you load 10 rounds in it, and it is magically legal.

I have a few 9mm glock mags that are designed to hold 17 rounds, but with the magical rivet installed the most they hold is 10.

I had a 100 rnd barrel clip for an Sks that I bought at wolverine, pinned to 5rnds of course

Last edited:

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was finally able to fondle a Springfield XDM and have to say, it felt comfortable in my hands and not very heavy for a 10mm. I did find that the slide was hard to pull back and the magazine release was a bit hard to push to release the magazine, that might fix itself once it's fired more than twice. Going to double back and check out the Glock G20 gen4 again and see how if I can get the salesman to change out the backstrap for me so it's more comfortable in my hand.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was finally able to fondle a Springfield XDM and have to say, it felt comfortable in my hands and not very heavy for a 10mm. I did find that the slide was hard to pull back and the magazine release was a bit hard to push to release the magazine, that might fix itself once it's fired more than twice. Going to double back and check out the Glock G20 gen4 again and see how if I can get the salesman to change out the backstrap for me so it's more comfortable in my hand.

Sounds weird but a mag well and grip strips were game changing for accuracy for me. Must have been a more consistent grip position.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds weird but a mag well and grip strips were game changing for accuracy for me. Must have been a more consistent grip position.

Do you know the difference between Pink and Purple? Grip. Same applies for handguns. A good grip and proper trigger control make a day and nights difference in accuracy.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, don't care what it looks like, needed it to be consistent, repeatable and reliable.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know the difference between Pink and Purple? Grip. Same applies for handguns. A good grip and proper trigger control make a day and nights difference in accuracy.

Actually a good grip promotes proper trigger control as it forms the hand and fingers and allows for easier trigger pull and accuracy. You can easily turn a 7lb trigger into a 5lb,,

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sig 220/6 is a beauty no comparison to the Glock when shot side by side. I prefer 45 ACP, it makes a way bigger hole in a beer can. I find the recoil reasonable albeit more than the 9mm but at the same time the 220 45 ACP shoots very accurately. The 9mm mag hold more ammo as well. Another benefit to the 45 ACP is the cost of ownership on 45 ACP is less, it simply burns less ammo per outing.
I have had the glock and now own a sig sauer p220 in 10mm. 10mm can be a little harsh on the recoil and this is why I no longer have the Glock. The Sig is a awesome platform, but I am pretty biased as I carried a P226 for 11 years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom