Getting on the "pot" wagon!

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is not just about you, get married and have kids .. teach them, then they have kids and you have a whole big family you have influenced .... Do your self a favor and quit, being bi-polar is debilitating. There must be something better to spend your money on.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya its such a terrible thing, a guy smokes a little pot from time to time, you can still teach your kids that there is right and wrong. Yes kids shouldn't be smoking dope or drinking or anything for that matter, but nobody would say $hit all about letting your teenage kid get drunk at a party........ is that any better? All your teaching them is the same $hit propoganda that brainwashed millions of Americans from the 50's. Do you actually believe the **** that comes outta your mouth? Bi polar?......... thats the same lies the US govt put out there....... oh dont smoke pot youll go schizo lol what a joke. If I said oh dont drink alcohol itll make you rage out and beat your wife and kids, you would say that dont happen...... but news flash there is more cases everyday in Canada for that than 65 years of weed turning people bi polar or shizo How about the thousands of people who take their kids camping every summer and get absolutely $hitfaced in front of them or after they go to bed. They get to see their parents puking drunk in the morning and hung right over every camp trip but saints like you would say thats ok....... gimme a break

It is not just about you, get married and have kids .. teach them, then they have kids and you have a whole big family you have influenced .... Do your self a favor and quit, being bi-polar is debilitating. There must be something better to spend your money on.

rodney1960

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drug dealers still pays taxes. Every time they spend their money. There is just no way around the taxman, they are the real crooks.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Are you serious ? Have you heard of income tax ???wcb EI & property tax ... Etc etc
I buy chit too PLUS all these TAXS ....!

Sorry that is Total BS ....the crooks are ones that use our healthcare / roads/ schools / etc and pay nothing for it !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rodney1960

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Getting on the "pot" wagon!

Are you serious ? Have you heard of income tax ???wcb EI & property tax ... Etc etc
I buy chit too PLUS all these TAXS ....!

Good for you, me too. Too many taxes already IMO though.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Have you thought that the reason TAXS are real high is because a lot of people are not paying any / or employing any one ...so the ones are who are paying / have to pay MORE !
WOW

rodney1960

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Have you thought that the reason TAXS are real high is because a lot of people are not paying any / or employing any one ...so the ones are who are paying / have to pay MORE !
WOW

I think you should smoke one buddy, won't get so worked up over things lol

DD's are running a business and generate tax dollars, unlike welfare cases.

Legalise it then, put DD's out of business. Or you have a better solution?

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

WOW

b69013f94dc3a43918b7091f76dd0447.png

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

WOW

iMO, it isn't the small amount of taxes that aren't paid that is causing our tax problems. Plain and simple, it is government over spending. Nobody with any common sense should believe that the income tax from welfare clients, drug dealers, tax frausters, you name it……are causing Ottawa financial pain. It is over spending and government growth, that have the governments in deficit mode.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Interesting in the markets. Canopy growth corporation bought Metrium Health.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
c0cb0102ad42a61c83cd6f1f0d0e5f16.png

20c5bd5c978dacb7b4eae09677e8ea94.png

A little more medical use information on oils.

IMO you will see this market grow and health plans paying for oil use.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

iMO, it isn't the small amount of taxes that aren't paid that is causing our tax problems. Plain and simple, it is government over spending. Nobody with any common sense should believe that the income tax from welfare clients, drug dealers, tax frausters, you name it……are causing Ottawa financial pain. It is over spending and government growth, that have the governments in deficit mode.

I totally agree , fact is though pot is a big buisness right across Canada .
The government should slow spending & but people that make millions of $$$ illegally should pay into the system too !

While I agree ,this is small potatoes in the big picture ...
I don't look forward to paying for some old grow opp's owner s healthcare & OA pension , while they would have made hundreds of thousands of $$$ tax free ....and not put a dime into it for their share !

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The government should slow spending & but people that make millions of $$$ illegally should pay into the system too !

So your not happy with people being entrepreneurs now ??

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You seem to have this idea in your head that pot dealers make huge money? I have never met a pot dealer who didnt have a full time job as well. Most sell to help people out because they got a decent hookup and they can make a little walking around money and smoke for free, to make a living on it you would have to sell 150+ lbs a year, that pretty much is only distributor and grower type amounts. Your arguing a moot point, you say they make all this money tax free and are clearly mad at it, so the fix is for it to become legal and make growers and distributors have to become legit and and expand to compete because lets face it if you can go to a store and pick from 50 different kinds ranging from 15-30% THC people will no longer go to a regular guy and buy one kind of regular run of the mill pot to save a few bucks

While I agree ,this is small potatoes in the big picture ...
I don't look forward to paying for some old grow opp's owner s healthcare & OA pension , while they would have made hundreds of thousands of $$$ tax free ....and not put a dime into it for their share !

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My point is , I don't care what they do or do not make , they should pay legal TAXS on it ....
Ask a small buisness owner if he still pays tax after a crappy year ? He still pays ( might be less) but he still pays ...
Honestly , I don't really care ...smoke , sell , buy ..
If they are happy cheating the system , good for them ...
That's not for me or most of the people I know ....

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats the point of making it legal, once the legality is done people will almost surely be forced to comply, like I said it would be next to impossible to compete with dispensaries so you would have to join the legal companies who are getting a head start and expanding already. Those companies are gonna have jobs for all facets of the business from growers right down to people working the counter in the weed shops. Who better to have working in your legal grow show than a guy who has been growing for years already, who better to have as a salesmen than a guy who knows pot and has been selling for years, pretty simple

My point is , I don't care what they do or do not make , they should pay legal TAXS on it ....
Ask a small buisness owner if he still pays tax after a crappy year ? He still pays ( might be less) but he still pays ...
Honestly , I don't really care ...smoke , sell , buy ..
If they are happy cheating the system , good for them ...
That's not for me or most of the people I know ....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I look at it this way. Back in the days of prohibition, the "gangsters" as some call them, I like to call them entrepreneurs, were raking in tax free money (as you put it) and living the high life. The government got involved and took control. Are we better off and has the government increased revenues? I would say yes. What are the expenses the government has had to incur due to the legalization of alcohol? Is it a wash? Do they really know?

Going to be similar in the field of marijuana. There is a Colorado study posted on here as to the expected cost of legalizing pot. The authors feel there will be more expense than income. In other words, the government will spend more on policing, making the laws/regulations, all the infrastructure, health care, etc., than what they are going to take in. Now that is contrary to what a lot of people think will happen.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must be an old and very biased article, its not as if its only been legal for a a year or less, its been over a few years in Colorado, and right around 3 years in Washington and its a billion dollar industry, as for things like health care, policing etc., no different than policing drunk drivers and treating people with liver, kidney,throat, stomach etc problems due to years of alcoholism. I have alot of people in my family who are drunks and a bunch who habitually smoke pot, the health care system is spending alot more money on the drunks as their health is deteriorating quite rapidly as they are hitting middle age and beyond, the pot smoking ones are still healthy as ever and way better off as they get into their 50's

I look at it this way. Back in the days of prohibition, the "gangsters" as some call them, I like to call them entrepreneurs, were raking in tax free money (as you put it) and living the high life. The government got involved and took control. Are we better off and has the government increased revenues? I would say yes. What are the expenses the government has had to incur due to the legalization of alcohol? Is it a wash? Do they really know?

Going to be similar in the field of marijuana. There is a Colorado study posted on here as to the expected cost of legalizing pot. The authors feel there will be more expense than income. In other words, the government will spend more on policing, making the laws/regulations, all the infrastructure, health care, etc., than what they are going to take in. Now that is contrary to what a lot of people think will happen.

Top Bottom