Gen4 Rear Susp Travel

LukeD

Reaction score
With the new RAS3 the front travel went from 8 to 8.42, but does anyone know why the rear travel went from 15 down to 9.4? This according to the spec sheet on ski doo website

Thanks

LukeD

Reaction score
Well I thought it looked the same from previous years. It's the same skid, so it would be strange that they would use different size of shocks. Yet they still are listing the max travel as a different measurement from previous years. I'll be at the sneak peak tomorrow in Saskatoon, so hopefully they can answer my question there.

LukeD

Reaction score
Got to the show today. The one ski doo guy there (Craig) was awesome! Super knowledgeable and texted someone to get any answers he didn't know. To answer my own question, they are now measuring the travel of the rear suspension at the point of the rear arm of the skid. Previously they were measuring at the the rear axle of the skid. This is why the spec sheet now shows 9.5" of travel and not 15". Also found out that every gen 4 summit will come with DS3 skis, regardless of the lug size chosen (DS2 was orig going to be paired up with 2.5" lugs) Also found out there will be a low elevation pkg which will include idler wheels at the front of the skid, like previous non T3 summits, but no rail scratchers included, and different clutch components for low elevation, and possibly different gearing. Mapping will be the same. Other than that, it was a great show. In a word, the summit x is SICK!! Can't wait for fall when mine comes in! Cheers��

Top Bottom