Gen4 Possession?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess he could have not included the tax and just said his deposit amount too..

Either way, maybe he bought the sled as a company vehicle, which you have to claim and charge the tax for his bookkeeping..

Business is business.
Thats criminal. Guy wants to be a dealer and recoup GST for crying out loud.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess he could have not included the tax and just said his deposit amount too..

Either way, maybe he bought the sled as a company vehicle, which you have to claim and charge the tax for his bookkeeping..

Business is business.
Why not get the new owner to pay the guys deposit and let him deal with the dealer on it? Its not like the guy got a deal on the sled. The original guy most likely can't right off the gst and is pocketing a profit on it. Which he can do but its a dick move IMO.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you calculate profit from? If he paid 17100 out the door, where's the plus side? If it's a company expense and therfore a write off, he has to charge gst on the sale.

I don't see the problem. If he paid 17100 I'd do the same thing and sell it for that. It's a brand new unit, why would he take a loss.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know him? or his story?
Perhaps he already paid the dealer, and just wants to get his full amount back... If he lets the guy take over the downpayment/ purchase, he won't get the multiple year warranty?

Or bought it through the business and is just trying to get his tax money back. (ITC)

When you sell a product through your business, you have to charge GST.

Unless you are seeing something different, I don't know what you are getting at.;/

EDIT: I looked at the ad again, He is just wording it wrong. He paid the deposit, and want's the guy to pay the deposit and the balance to the dealer, which is 17,100. I think someone is reading between the lines..

Why not get the new owner to pay the guys deposit and let him deal with the dealer on it? Its not like the guy got a deal on the sled. The original guy most likely can't right off the gst and is pocketing a profit on it. Which he can do but its a dick move IMO.

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually messaged him, and it's true. He said he will pay for the sled and I would pay him.
It's because the dealer won't let anyone else assume the ownership.

I asked him if he had a GST number, and he said that actually he did. LOL

I can see him not wanting to absorb the GST, but he might just have to, to move the sled.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20161101_131547.jpg
Thank you Westlock Power Sports and Marine!!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked mine up yesterday! Tooker straight to the buddies house and we slammed the wrap on! Big thank you to Gibbons Motor Toys

Attachments

• IMG_5511.jpg
    IMG_5511.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_5512.jpg
    IMG_5512.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed, that wrap looks sharp!!! Who's design? Mind if I copy but switch the red out with blue?

driller

Reaction score
it is way better to have the guy buy the sled and then buy it from him because then you can get the three or four year warranty that he got. if you buy a snow check that someone bails out on you only get one year. That was what the dealer told me last year when i was inquiring.

Top Bottom