Gen 5 Factory Turbo

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys do the testing this year like @snochuk did in 2017. I'll buy one next year once you find the weak spots.

My buddies 2017 was a amazing sled for him, he beat the hell out of it, didn’t blow a belt, and he ran the 391’s.
I admit, I was nervous seeing a new chassis and a new engine the same year in 2017. That was Something that doo had not done before.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2017 was great aswell. Granted it had half the belt life we are getting now but was far from
A belt eater. Other than that it was good to me

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2017 was great aswell. Granted it had half the belt life we are getting now but was far from
A belt eater. Other than that it was good to me
I truly hope it's a gem out of the gate. But with so many changes, issues are definitely possible once the masses get their hands on them. At least that's what I'll keep telling myself to stop myself from snowchecking one of those green experts.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I truly hope it's a gem out of the gate. But with so many changes, issues are definitely possible once the masses get their hands on them. At least that's what I'll keep telling myself to stop myself from snowchecking one of those green experts.
Where is the issues going to be? Motor is the same, turbo is the same and clutching has stayed the same except for a few pieces inside the primary.

Any issues I could see arising from this is poor factory clutching which we have been dealing with forever. Maybe routing of some oil lines or electrical lines cause of the new chassis.

I imagine doo has had the mapping and ecm upgrades for a long time. They didnt just turn it up this year when they saw the Polaris Boost and wanted to compete.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has new injectors, fuel rail, cylinder head, and cooling system mods (in addition to the tunnel coolant mods).

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alford says sidehills like a snow bike.

The g4s weren't bad at all, but better is better or something like that haha

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wonder what makes the freeride sidehill so much better (if it actually does)? if so then it must be the new skid since it didn't get the t-mo lockout, rigid track, or new skis.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wonder what makes the freeride sidehill so much better (if it actually does)? if so then it must be the new skid since it didn't get the t-mo lockout, rigid track, or new skis.

If rob says it does, i believe him. New chassis hard to say.
Probably because its a bit narrower

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Narrower running boards, narrower body panels, and new geometry in the rear skid keeps the front end of the sled on a more level plane with the track instead of it being higher than the track.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dam those look like sexy sleds. I might just skip turbo g4s and get a turbo G5 for next year
From what I understand the turbos are all sold out. But I am sure there will be guys selling there snowchecks that cant afford them.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the turbos are all sold out. But I am sure there will be guys selling there snowchecks that cant afford them.

Ya there is always going to be people backing out of snow checks.for whatever reason

Top Bottom