Gen 5 Factory Turbo

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Took it for a ride around my place. Lots of power. My ipad guage went black after 15 minutes was about 10 minutes away from my house so went back home before shutting down and restarting. My grips were not hot anymore once in this mode, good to take for a rip around here prior to going to the mountains to find these gremlins. I have to take to dealer tomorrow anyway to get reflashed and spare key.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to go over the sled for next weekend… I have broken the clutch panel vent… just the screw left lol, didn’t even notice until now. Loaded up in the dark

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anybody is finding it hard to keep the skis out of the sky, have your rear shock pressure checked. Turns out the rear shock is low on pressure, and some are failing all together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive got 650km on mine 23 154 expert so far very happy with it good clean crisp power, it
Def holds a sidehill easier, only complaints is little
Tougher to get on edge but once on one holds line very well, can be a little squirley but that prob more do to a boosted 154 and me just getting used to it,and the extra weight is pretty noticable but that only matters when u get the thing stuck it def chews very happy with it cant wait to get bsck to bc with it

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive got 650km on mine 23 154 expert so far very happy with it good clean crisp power, it
Def holds a sidehill easier, only complaints is little
Tougher to get on edge but once on one holds line very well, can be a little squirley but that prob more do to a boosted 154 and me just getting used to it,and the extra weight is pretty noticable but that only matters when u get the thing stuck it def chews very happy with it cant wait to get bsck to bc with it

Have you ever had a 34” stance previously? That is a big adjustment in itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it matter when the skis are in the air 90 percent of the time lol? But no that is true aswel came off the normal 36 front end i did try the front end in 2 dif settings and did prefer the narrower setting

Have you ever had a 34” stance previously? That is a big adjustment in itself Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fugman

Reaction score
First ride impression :p(y)(y):LOL::LOL::D:p:p:p:p Definately more power than this 55 year old needs.. Coming off a 2018 165 G4, full helium kit, full dyno port exhaust, sled head clutching and a few other goodies that sled ran flawless. All I can say is this new turbo is dialed. The ride is smoother, it is just as easy to put on edge as the t motion sled. I am shocked on how seamless the power comes on, no lag at all. The only things I could criticize right now is the engagement is too high and when going down hill the hold back is not strong enough, going to have to get some SHR clutching. I think with us older guys getting the extra power of this will make us more tired until we get use to it. I love this thing!!!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I took this thing to Valemount and rode Saturday and Sunday and wow. The power is crisp and clean. Much better than g4. The cooling is a lot better, kept between 43-45 deg most of the day was at 50 when going up the trail to baurs. The sled will take some getting used to. I'm struggling a bit with my current recovery from brain surgery with having a complete numb right side of a right hand that's stiff and wonky. The handlebars ripped out of my hands on a few occasions, need to ride a bit more. The turbo whine is alot more noticeable. Need the toeholds and better handle grips installed so I can properly evaluate. Also with the setting on agile the sled tends to go straight up on a climb and can topple over easy, I did this the first pull I did. Watch out. I thought I had a billy goat before, now this thing is even worse not sure what I have but this will easily put a smile on anyone, the power and acceleration is insane.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll try the grips... they're sitting on the bench... I might even follow you into the toe holds because I think Duct tape is the only thing that will stop this thing from ripping itself out of my hands... its a weapon! Imagine the power it's going to make when the turbo tamerz go on with 40 grams lol

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo deep powder grips are great. Suck the limiter up 2 holes, the rear springs tight, rear skid (expert) shock on 12 (I think its about the middle setting). Give that set up a shot if ya wana see where these things will go. Running with your skis in the air is great fun, but good luck getting up a tech climb that has traction.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo deep powder grips are great. Suck the limiter up 2 holes, the rear springs tight, rear skid (expert) shock on 12 (I think its about the middle setting). Give that set up a shot if ya wana see where these things will go. Running with your skis in the air is great fun, but good luck getting up a tech climb that has traction.

Ahhhhhhh someone from my generation! 🤜🤛

Top Bottom