Fuel Guage or Sender

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is an actually service bulleting on this.. there is a fuse that needs to be replaced on the older xp 09 and up was fixed. i dont remember exactly. but when i worked for the dealer and ppl complained about the fuel guadge bugging up changed the fuse and it worked good. but i dont ride one so thats just my input. and from what i have delt with in the year at a skidoo dealer

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright so I fixed it, Listen up everyone who has this problem. Just reclock or rotate the sender counter clockwise till it works. I started the sled with a full tank and slowly turned the sender and bam, all of a sudden full bars. Rode on sunday and the guage works again, Yippee!

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup another great BRP design, just rider till she dies or track your km's. I got a pretty good idea when it's time to put the extra fuel in.

I wish they would have done a sight tube instead of this dumb gauge that never reads right...

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is waht i have heard. but suposidly there is a timing mark for the sender? did it line up with a mark?

The timing marks didnt work in my case, when my dealer installed the new sender unit they lined it up with the timing marks and it still only showed just over half, I turned it counterclockwise till it went up to full bars with a full tank. The mark is probably around the 9 oclock mark now instead of 12. Its been working great since, happy to have a working guage again.:d

farwest

Reaction score
I pulled my sender out.The float is on an angle so that it wont hit the lip on the edge where
the tank molds up to miss the heat exchanger.If you were to rotate it , counterclockwise(looking from the front)it would never touch the bottom of the tank and if you were to rotate clockwise it would not float to the top .

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pulled my sender out.The float is on an angle so that it wont hit the lip on the edge where
the tank molds up to miss the heat exchanger.If you were to rotate it , counterclockwise(looking from the front)it would never touch the bottom of the tank and if you were to rotate clockwise it would not float to the top .

Did you take any pics of the sender? I cant remember exactly what it looks like when the dealer had mine out. I never thought of that, mine works at full and goes down but havent had it close to empty yet. Guess I'll syphon the tank and see how it works when low.

farwest

Reaction score
No pics, but if you were holding the outside end of the sender,with the float pointing away.If I remember correctly the float is bent up at 90 deg and layed over to about say 10:00. Does that make any sense to you?

farwest

Reaction score
No pics, but if you were holding the outside end of the sender,with the float pointing away.If I remember correctly the float is bent up at 90 deg and layed over to about say 10:00. Does that make any sense to you?

If you go to the parts fiche on the skidoo site it shows a good pic.

DOAKLEY16

Reaction score
i just taped the tank guy my sender and it hase worked ever since

Top Bottom