Friggin a$$hats in Holy grail Saturday.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My group of 4 went in Saturday, if anyone can see the whole valley getting in, slid on both sides. class III. That should be a sign to take caution.....BUT-

One guy in our group, had his XP running not so great, and there was one last big climb to make it into the bowls, he powered out and dug himself in.

I decided to help him since he was 61, and slid down to help him turn his machine around. Don't get me wrong, he is a capable rider.

Then a group of a$$hats decided not to wait the 3 minutes so I could turn him around, and they headed up the hill, not straight up, but SIDEHILLING A TRENCH AROUND AND OVER US!!! :nono::realmad:

It is a helpless feeling being on the side of a hill, while people are trenching around you. I had my hand on my avy bag pullstrap.

Not just one guy, but 4 of them. I was ready to beat the chit out of them, but a friend convinced me not to.

I can't believe that there are still so many people out there with such disrespect towards other sledders they don't even know.

That's my rant.

Last edited by a moderator:

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Friggin asshats in Holy grail Saturday.

Hope the riders read this, and to everyone else just take it as a reminder to think about the other rider on the hill

SnoWorks

Reaction score

I'm so sorry that this happened to you guys. I was at the booth that day..........we don't want things like this to happen in Blue. We need to take care and look out for everyone on the hill.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hope you verbally tore them a new one!!!

Crazed

Reaction score

If people dont give a chit about their own lives thats their own decision. Dont take that away from someone else. Show some consideration for others around you. At the end of the day we would all like to make it home. Not in a bag either. Especially because of someone else's actions.:realmad:

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

was one of them on a Mountain cat 900?

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing happenend to me and my boy in Chappel on Friday after he broke his chain and ended upside down on a hill. We were digging a hole to set it upright when a black 163 xp went up and around us about 20' above us, he got the finger and a verbal lashing friggen a@##ole. Later to find out he was one of 4 guys from whitecourt also. I will find out who and time to make another enemy.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its sad to hear that guys are still doing this....I can't blame you for wanting to beat the sh$% out of them but after you took 5 minutes to calm down you should have confronted them about there bad decision to climb above you. Maybe these guys just had no respect for you or your situation but maybe they just didn't know any better?? There are alot of newbies out there riding machines today that just don't know any better and if after doing dumb sh$% like this aren't told right from wrong they will just continue to do the same thing again until someone gets hurt or someone stops them and educates them on the dangers of there decisions. I would hope it was lack of knowledge and not lack of respect that lead this guys to climb above you...just my 2 cents.

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I here ya, I was there that day to and there was no shortage of f*%#k tards available that day. We went into the very back and got the same treatment from a group of four. Hopefully in the future people will start to realize that their stupidity can also affect the others around them. As far as Blue River goes, beautiful place, but if that's the kind of trafic that it normally attracts, I'm not interested.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I liked it better 10 years ago when most people didnt even know there was riding in blue river.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately this type of rider is becoming more common in the hills!! Read any of the other threads, Revy, McBride, Valemont, Blue River. Every one has incidences where dis-respect and bad behavior etc. are becoming all too common! And re-occurring on a steady basis.

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
We were in Allan Creek last week, and in the bowl(not sure what its called) with the Extreme Avalanche Danger sign, there were a group of guys highmarking over and over up under the cornice and sidehilling across the face. We sat there for a while expecting to have to dig these clowns out, but AMAZINGLY the face never slid. But we just watched in awe at these retards ran the hill over and over. It's such a windloaded slope, with a massive cornice and huge pillows at the top just waiting to let go.
The worst part is while one guy was highmarking the other guys were sitting RIGHT at the bottom of the hill in a group...... Idiots

Apex162

Reaction score
We were in Allan Creek last week, and in the bowl(not sure what its called) with the Extreme Avalanche Danger sign, there were a group of guys highmarking over and over up under the cornice and sidehilling across the face. We sat there for a while expecting to have to dig these clowns out, but AMAZINGLY the face never slid. But we just watched in awe at these retards ran the hill over and over. It's such a windloaded slope, with a massive cornice and huge pillows at the top just waiting to let go.
The worst part is while one guy was highmarking the other guys were sitting RIGHT at the bottom of the hill in a group...... Idiots

Monkey see monkey Doo!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

man that valley is a perfect example of where to find idiots.

the runout slopes all the way down to a deep creek. and the slops are ere extrmely dangerous and i guess the signs that say extreme avalanche danger DO NOT STOP dont say anything. i guess they need to say dont stop and highmark LOL.

i just shake my head at the people that highmark in there and put everyone else at risk that needs to move through there quickly to access other terrain.

another topic i guess

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well natural selection can be a slow and lengthly process but given enough time it will win out and the hills will be a little less crowded for the rest of us.

The Snowman

Reaction score
I liked it better 10 years ago when most people didnt even know there was riding in blue river.

I liked it 5-10 years ago when most people didn't even know mountain riding period! now it seems every little sh*t can get approved for a $15000 loan and automatically he is the next sledneck rider!

10 years ago you didnt see the disrespect, the litering, or ignorance. we were all just amazed to be one of the lucky and fortunate ones to be out in the back country.

my jealous two cents

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
man that valley is a perfect example of where to find idiots.

the runout slopes all the way down to a deep creek. and the slops are ere extrmely dangerous and i guess the signs that say extreme avalanche danger DO NOT STOP dont say anything. i guess they need to say dont stop and highmark LOL.

i just shake my head at the people that highmark in there and put everyone else at risk that needs to move through there quickly to access other terrain.

another topic i guess

It was ridiculous.... We sat there and waited for them to take a short break, so we could go wheeling through there to get farther back. Even without those signs that face is extremely obvious that its a death trap. Its only a matter of time until there is someone buried there, and not with a little sluff either. It will be a 8-10 ft fracture, AT LEAST with those huge windloaded pillows right under the cornice.
Unbelievable...... :nono:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you fully Snowman, iam not sure if its this sport and the demografic that it attracts or just the degrading of society in general.
I have got to say that iam not really much of a people person,perfering my dog and horse to a large number of people i meet, i have gotten to the point that iam really starting to dislike alot of the sledding community. I ride quite a bit in valemont an am just getting so tired of the constant lack of respect and egotism that i see time and time again.
Every time iam out, its the constant abuse from drunk spoilt 30year olds that i see the waitress putting up with. People that Feel if you have a jacked up truck with a enclosed trailer you are a better driver than anyone else on the highway and should be able to pass on blind corners and in the middle of a blinding snowstorm at 140km. The list of the stupidity and selfcenterness is endless. Do people really think if you own a turbo, your gods gift to the mountain. 90 percent of the people buying these sleds would be better off on a 500.
All this talk of smearing crap on the out house walls and fighting with the people at the toll booth has me thinking about hanging up my helmut

Top Bottom