Free Avalanche Seminar Turple Bros Oct 7th

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, Free Avalanche Safety seminar Turple Bros Oct 7th. Being put on by Jeremy Hanke with the Canadian Avalanche center. Jeremy is a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to Avalanche's, so it would definitely be worth attending. I think it goes from 6:30pm to 9:30,, You might want to call and confirm the time with Turple Bros if you would like to attend. Oh and its Free so that's always good:beer:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BowRidge Sports is having their free one as well Oct 3rd in Cochrane. Soulriders are the instructor. Call Steve to book as spots are limited. Great to see the dealers and BRP doo this every year.

adrift

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of one being put on in Terrace or Smithers BC

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BowRidge Sports is having their free one as well Oct 3rd in Cochrane. Soulriders are the instructor. Call Steve to book as spots are limited. Great to see the dealers and BRP doo this every year.
Lots of room at BowRidge yet guys if you want to get a free upgrade!

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, Free Avalanche Safety seminar Turple Bros Oct 7th. Being put on by Jeremy Hanke with the Canadian Avalanche center. Jeremy is a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to Avalanche's, so it would definitely be worth attending. I think it goes from 6:30pm to 9:30,, You might want to call and confirm the time with Turple Bros if you would like to attend. Oh and its Free so that's always good:beer:
where is turple bros?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I went to the coarse last night and all I can say is wow, seriously considering the ast1 coarse now but more importantly think about the people you ride with people, are they as educated or prepared for a bad situation? We all have beacons but do we know how to use them? I learned many thing in a short time and am grateful for BRP for putting this on, thanks again.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to the one at Bowridge Sports as well. Jereme Hanke did a great job teaching it I thought. Still lots to learn and a refresher every year is always a good idea before we hit the snow.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I went to the one at Bowridge Sports as well. Jereme Hanke did a great job teaching it I thought. Still lots to learn and a refresher every year is always a good idea before we hit the snow.

has a little more meaning coming from a guy who's been buried as well I'm sure, drives the message home even further.

Hoping to be working with Zacs Tracs helping out with Classroom Sessions in the Edmonton area again this year.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has a little more meaning coming from a guy who's been buried as well I'm sure, drives the message home even further.

Hoping to be working with Zacs Tracs helping out with Classroom Sessions in the Edmonton area again this year.
Yes he has a story to tell thats for sure Tyler. Everybody was totally intent when he told it.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was really good turn out& Jeremy did a great job. Awesome that BRP puts this on for sledders. And I got a free BRP back pack!! :cool:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you get the animal of the day question? Lol.

No,, lol I pointed out the safe route to ride to the peak of a mountain in a picture in his slide show

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HaHa buddy had epic fail on animal of the day. How long did it take your guys to pop the balloon with the beacon search......errr tranceiver search.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HaHa buddy had epic fail on animal of the day. How long did it take your guys to pop the balloon with the beacon search......errr tranceiver search.

2-3mins id say. They were new guys to sledding . I think they will be pursuing some Avy training, which is the point of the seminar; to get people(especially new riders) thinking about safety in the mountains.

Top Bottom