Hey Guys Have a little problem here .
100_0513.jpg

Im thinking that its a multi fracture......:(

Any Ideas

Last edited by a moderator:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
find some one that will tig the weld.... do not mig weld it... too be done properly the old weld must be removed and if it is all apart it should be welded from both sides that way the crack is completly gone other wise it will come back

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
find some one that will tig the weld.... do not mig weld it... too be done properly the old weld must be removed and if it is all apart it should be welded from both sides that way the crack is completly gone other wise it will come back

Yes, weld it from both sides if possible but I'm not sure there is any access from the other side as the bulkhead sideplate goes vertically up and down - yes tig, not mig.

Also add some gussetting to it, get some angle alum maybe (1" angle) and weld it in there also, that will help strengthen the area, you might have to fit it around the motor mount and I would hang it over the curved edge a little and try and get it to tie into the vertical portion there.

mrsummit700

Reaction score
Sled came back and the welder drew a nice fat bead around the motor mount...Now the motor mount bracket sits a wee bit high... Is this going to cause any long term problems? Engine was remounted and ran Seems to ride pretty good Clutch Heats up though Not sure if that is normal.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled came back and the welder drew a nice fat bead around the motor mount...Now the motor mount bracket sits a wee bit high... Is this going to cause any long term problems? Engine was remounted and ran Seems to ride pretty good Clutch Heats up though Not sure if that is normal.
because of the engine being moved up a bit at the corner with the weld i would bet you have some clutch misalignment. how hot did it get? what were the conditions like? temps and snow condition also have big effect on clutch temp.

mrsummit700

Reaction score
I would say that it was quite warm to the touch ... Early morning ride weather was good -5c with a little wind.. Snow was crunchy

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you might be able too grind down the weld a little was the welder able to weld the under niether if so you would be able to grind even more

Last edited:

mrsummit700

Reaction score
The welder was only able to weld the top side and added a fish plate thus the difference in the one corner. Can I add more spacers to the other 3 corners to level things up?>

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that will help for sure .... and your belt length should be good ok

Top Bottom